Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cambria County)

Default LTCF and temporary move

I'm not quite sure where to even look for this information, so I figured I would post up and see if anyone here had any insight into this...

I'm going to be moving temporarily to Delaware, only until December. I'm going to be moving in with a friend and sharing rent, so I wont technically be on any paperwork as far as being a DE resident, and I will still have my current residence here in PA. However, for my job I will be required to obtain a Delaware drivers license. I currently have my PA LTCF and am attending a class tomorrow to get my Utah permit so that I will be able to carry in Delaware. My question is, will me obtaining a Delaware drivers license have any effect on my LTCF/Utah permit?

This whole move is causing a TON of extra work already as far as applying for reciprocity of my EMT and fire training, the contacts down there are just so "helpful" The last thing I want to do is be stopped for some reason while carrying and be told that my permits are invalid and end up screwed.. Thanks in advance for the help!

Default Re: LTCF and temporary move

Quote Originally Posted by trex88 View Post
    My question is, will me obtaining a Delaware drivers license have any effect on my LTCF/Utah permit?
    No, your Pennsylvania LTCF is valid until it expires or is revoked.

However, by obtaining a Delaware driver's license, you will be a Delaware resident. This means that you will not be able to renew your Pennsylvania LTCF when it expires unless you A) obtain a Delaware CCDW, B) move back to Pennsylvania, or C) move to another state and obtain its carry license (if said state issues such licenses).

(Cambria County)

Default Re: LTCF and temporary move

Quote Originally Posted by kcr121 View Post
    No, your Pennsylvania LTCF is valid until it expires or is revoked.

However, by obtaining a Delaware driver's license, you will be a Delaware resident. This means that you will not be able to renew your Pennsylvania LTCF when it expires unless you A) obtain a Delaware CCDW, B) move back to Pennsylvania, or C) move to another state and obtain its carry license (if said state issues such licenses).

Thanks for the info, glad to hear it will still be valid. I'll be back in PA again before it expires. I just don't agree with all of the hoops you have to jump through in Delaware to obtain a resident permit.