Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Montana wants penalties for feds who violate state law

Montana wants penalties for feds who violate state law
    Lawmakers considering upgrade to Firearms Freedom Act.
    12:30 am Eastern
    By Bob Unruh
    © 2011 WorldNetDaily

Lawmakers in the state of Montana who initiated the idea of a Firearms Freedom Act to declare guns made, sold and kept in the state exempt from federal regulations now want to beef up the plan.
    They want penalties to apply to any "official, agent, or employee" of the federal government "who purposely or knowingly enforces a law, regulation, or order of the United States relating to a personal firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition manufactured in this state."
    Learn what you can do about your nation. Get "Taking America Back," Joseph Farah's manifesto for sovereignty, self-reliance and moral renewal
    Their plan is a penalty, upon misdemeanor conviction, of "a term of imprisonment in a county jail for not more than 1 year, fined an amount not to exceed $2,000, or both."
    The rest of the story: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=261893

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Montana wants penalties for feds who violate state law

GO MONTANA, GO!

(Montgomery County)

Very nice. Now if they had laws to jail those who refuse to enforce this law...
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom ... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

(Delaware County)

good for Montana.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Delaware County)

Montana knows how to protect its citizens. They should amend the bill to read "who purposely, knowingly, or recklessly enforces a law, regulation, or order of the United States relating to a personal firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition manufactured in this state." Not to bore people with the legal mumbo jumbo but recklessly includes those who are aware of potentially adverse affects of an act they are about to perform and they go ahead anyway and do it. This would require Feds to actually know what the hell they are talking about and do a little research before entering a state. Purposely and Knowingly are just not enough to end the trampling of our rights by the Feds.

Just out of curiousity, if guns made in the state and aren't leaving are exempt from federal laws, what are the limits to what can be made/sold within the state? Can a Montana gun maker sell full-auto's, since the law saying you can't is federal. And with this new law, the ATF won't be able to come after you without themselves being arrested?

If that's true, anyone know of some property for sale in Montana?

(Pike County)

Sounds like it could be the state I retire to someday. Montana is a beautiful state and with very generous firearm laws I could see myself living there. Not too crazy about living so close to Yellow Stone though...
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Berks County)

Great laws .... beautiful country..... but winter would be way too cold and windy... I couldn't believe the wind there when I visited... nothing to stop it, it just runs like a train... a wide open train....

I think obama would probalby send a military force to the state. I am waiting for this over some of the states that are pondering nulification amendments to their constitutions.

He would have other things to do like securing the border.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    I think obama would probalby send a military force to the state. I am waiting for this over some of the states that are pondering nulification amendments to their constitutions.

He would have other things to do like securing the border.
    And do what? US military cannot be used to settle civil matters or enforce the law. Its been illegal to do so since the Posse Comitatus Act was passed 131 years ago.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast