Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clinton County)

Default Two first time experiences for my wife and I

My wife and I went with t1m0thy, who is the FOAC Central Chapter President, to the Centre Co Commissioners meeting. We went to let them know that letters were sent to all the Solicitors in Centre Co to look for preemption violations in their ordinances. Several boroughs and townships are in violation.

The meeting was in a building that also has court services. We had to check our guns upon entering. This is the first time my wife and I have gone any where we had to check our guns. They used our LTCF, we had the guns concealed under our coats, to take information for the receipt. This was the first time we have had to show our LTCF. They had gun lockers. At no time did they handle our firearms. We placed our firearms, holsters and spare mags in the locker with our LTCF. At no time did our guns leave our holsters. We had to go back through the metal detector after we put our guns in the locker. The used a wand on me due to my gun belt.

My wife went in first while t1m0thy and I tried to find a parking space. She said their eyes got wide when she said she had to check a firearm. They do not get many females needing to check in their guns.

The Sheriff and a Deputy were at the check in. All were friendly. The Sheriff talked about why we were there. After the meeting there was a different Deputy at the gun lockers. While t1m0thy was getting interviewed by a news station he asked me some questions. One was if we were allowed to carry if we went to the local council meetings. We talked about the difference between court building and other public buildings. He knew the answers but had been told different by others not in the sheriff's office. Thanked us for the information.

The commissioners were friendly. One came over thank us for coming as I was putting my gun and holster back on my belt. We shook hands.
    Last edited by B2Luv2Hunt; February 9th, 2011 at 05:10 AM.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Two first time experiences for my wife and I

Here is a link to a thread I started about the articles that came out after our visit. One person in the comment section of an article called us terrorist.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...reemption.html
    Last edited by B2Luv2Hunt; February 10th, 2011 at 03:39 AM.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by B2Luv2Hunt View Post
    Here is a link to a thread I started about the articles that came out after our visit. One person in the comment section of an article called us terrorist.
    Er, no linky.

But sounds like it was all in all a pleasant experience.
    You called down the thunder, well now you've got it!

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kolya1981 View Post
    Er, no linky.

But sounds like it was all in all a pleasant experience.
    Sorry. got it now.