Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default How about this scenario?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijdOkPD6vsw

How about this situation.
    *SPOLIER ALERT* Don't read below if you prefer the suspense to unfold first hand.

If you don't feel like sitting through the 6.5 minutes of video, basically it's 2 morons driving around in a truck taunting a guy in a convertible. They tailgate, do a bit of chasing him, typical road rage scenario. In the end, the convertible driver leads them down a long dead end road into a wooded area when both vehicles stop at the end. The truck morons, following, get out (still recording video) grab a baseball bat and take a step or 2 towards the convertible driver who gets out of his car with a pistol. Pistol guy tells bat guy and camera guy to give up their keys and camera. Pistol guy/Convertible driver, drives off with camera and truck keys; supposedly throws the keys out at the end of the long road for morons to come get.

Then pistol pulling convertible driver seems to have posted the video of the incident himself to taunt the other 2 morons.

So seems he's justified in pulling the pistol, but is it armed robbery to take the camera/keys? The fact that it's on youtube makes me think it's staged altogether, but it got me wondering anyway.

I have my own camera, don't need to steal one, but in a case like this would it be a good idea to take it and then show it to police? Or keep the whole thing tight lipped? Or post it to youtube ?

Default Re: How about this scenario?

seems fake....
    it looks like the convertible guy would be guilty. he set them up, he could of gotten away or called reno 911.. jmo.
    FJB

(Northampton County)

3 assholes don't make a right.
    "Cogito, ergo armatum sum"

(Bedford County)

Definitely wouldn't have posted it on youtube
    Although I would place my bet on the fact that it is staged.
    I am not a lawyer !!

(Dauphin County)

It is def staged. I want to almost think it is in Canada or at least up north somewhere due to their accents. Also the terrain and street signage does not look normal, I believed they said this is texas. So just a bunch of morons with a gun thought it would be funny to make a video. Either way the entire thing screams fake. Why would someone put a possibly incriminating video out for public eyes, and include a tag(wittkopp upper right corner) to lead authorities to them.

Did just a little research and the Wittkopp Lab at U. Michigan has a few gentlemen that look a lot like the guys in the video. I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by nicholasivanclark; February 8th, 2011 at 01:23 PM.

(McKean County)

pretty sure that video made the email rounds at least 2 years ago. Still amazed at some of the creative stuff some folks can produce.
    Maybe it's supposed to be a redneck drivers ed training video?

If it's real, I see no problem taking their means to continue the confrontation (keys) or securing the evidence (camera), but I could be wrong. I'm not that well versed in such laws. My next stop would be the cops, not youtube.

What I can't figure out is how a BMW couldn't simply outrun a pick-up truck. A few quick turns, some evasive actions and your gone. Seems like the BMW driver would have a cellphone too. Nice car, nice gun....no cell?

A few years ago I was in such a situation. Two guys decided to be assholes, I guess they figured an older guy with his wife in a Mercedes were easy targets. Because of the area evasion wasn't available. So while I was on the phone with 911 the operator had me navigate towards the nearest cops. I informed her I was armed, she told me to keep driving. I was almost cornered at one point but found a gap and used it. A bit further down the road were some cops waiting for the parade. The morons saw the cops and bolted for the interstate but were caught a few miles away at the next exit.

I understand that later they were informed that they had targeted a couple who were both armed. I sure would have liked to have seen their faces right then.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.