Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GA No Bars.

(Berks County)

Default GA No Bars.

If I am reading this right. You cannot carry in a bar in GA? Not that it is a problem with me, however if I meet up with a friend and go to a bar and grill for dinner, I can't carry . Gay.

Places Off-Limits Even With A Permit/License
    O.C.G.A. § 16-11-126
    (g) Notwithstanding Code Sections 12-3-10, 27-3-1.1, 27-3-6, and 16-12-122 through 16-12-127, any
    person with a valid weapons carry license may carry a weapon in all parks, historic sites, or recreational
    areas, as such term is defined in Code Section 12-3-10, including all publicly owned buildings located in
    such parks, historic sites, and recreational areas, in wildlife management areas, and on public transportation;
    provided, however, that a person shall not carry a handgun into a place where it is prohibited by federal law.
    O.C.G.A. § 16-11-127
    (a) As used in this Code section, the term:
    (1) 'Bar' means an establishment that is devoted to the serving of alcoholic beverages for
    consumption by guests on the premises and in which the serving of food is only incidental to the
    consumption of those beverages, including, but not limited to, taverns, nightclubs, cocktail
    lounges, and cabarets

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: GA No Bars.

Sounds like TGIFriday's == Yes, Moe's == No
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Yeah that's the way I take it. Shame my friend was talking about this bar and grill and I doubt I will want to go now. O-well. We will make do.

(Bucks County)

Good info at GA Carry site

(Chester County)

Not sure what's the relevance of your 16-11-126 quote but here's the statute for 'bars':

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-127 (2011)

§ 16-11-127. Carrying weapons in unauthorized locations; penalty

(a) As used in this Code section, the term:

(1) "Bar" means an establishment that is devoted to the serving of alcoholic beverages for consumption by guests on the premises and in which the serving of food is only incidental to the consumption of those beverages, including, but not limited to, taverns, nightclubs, cocktail lounges, and cabarets.

<snip>

(b) A person shall be guilty of carrying a weapon or long gun in an unauthorized location and punished as for a misdemeanor when he or she carries a weapon or long gun while:

<snip>

(6) In a bar, unless the owner of the bar permits the carrying of weapons or long guns by license holders;
    The question is whether permission is implied if there are no prohibition signage or if overt posting of the permssion is required in order to determine "the owner of the bar permits".
    IANAL

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    Not sure what's the relevance of your 16-11-126 quote but here's the statute for 'bars':

The question is whether permission is implied if there are no prohibition signage or if overt posting of the permssion is required in order to determine "the owner of the bar permits".
    Thank you. I quoted off a linked site to a GA carry site, seemed almost the equal to our PA open carry site. However I will still call GA state police before venturing into a potentially bad situation.

(Northampton County)

There's only 4 things to do in GA. Sand Hill, Hookers, AIRBORNE school, and bars.

If you don't like hookers, I suggest you at least get paid for the trip

(this is a joke)

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by dregan View Post
    Thank you. I quoted off a linked site to a GA carry site, seemed almost the equal to our PA open carry site. However I will still call GA state police before venturing into a potentially bad situation.
    I wouldn't call the state police for legal information.

(Monroe County)

You have now been cited the statutory law, and can make the decision on your own. What possible good will come from calling an OUT OF STATE agency and asking them for permission to carry somewhere? Best case scenario, they tell you it's outright illegal. Worst case, they add your name to a list and you will have a flag next to your name incase ever pulled over, and then will subsequently be bullshited and hassled.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Allegheny County)

Just some info. There is no GA State Police. The GA State Patrol is limited to mostly traffic enforcement on the state highways. The County Sheriffs perform all other law enforcement aside from local city police forces.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast