Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb HENRY LEVER ACTION RIFLES

HENRY LEVER ACTION RIFLES
    Hello shooting friends! I was recently interested in obtaining a nice lever action rifle, so I thought about a Henry after obtaining one of their free brochures that they offered on the television (by the way, they also have a website for free catalog ordering: www.henryrepeating.com/catalog.cfm). First, I wanted to see what my fellow shooters out there thought of them. After researching several forums, I found out what people had to say about them. To my dismay, I read that they use “plastic” parts to hold the front barrel wood on and also use “plastic” sights. This really dimmed my lights (and my sights!). I thought…who would want a rifle that is held together by “plastic” and even sighted using “plastic” that could melt, bend or crack. That is not my idea of quality at all. However, the rifles really looked nice and the prices were very reasonable, so I decided to contact the company to inquire if they sold replacement components that were actually made of metal. Well, the answer came back that they do have replacement parts available. This is what I was told: Consumers can order metal barrel bands (Part # HL2229 for $3.50) and metal front sight (Part # HL2231 for $10.00) plus $7.50 shipping by calling toll free 866-200-2354. Additionally, all of their rifles are now equipped with metal bands and metal sights! Just in case anyone is interested, they also sent me some following info to digest. The exact points that they made to me were:
    1. All Henry H001 series rifles now come with metal barrel bands and metal front sights.
    2. All Henry Golden Boy rifles now come with brass barrel band and are all pre-drilled and tapped for easy scope mounting.
    3. All Henry Big Boy rifles now come pre-drilled and tapped.
    4. The Henry H009 steel round barrel 30-30 now features the XS Ghost Ring sight system, has checkered stock with rubber butt pad, swivels and has been reduced in weight down to 7 pounds.

I don’t want to sound like an advertiser for them, I just thought it be proper that I should share any info that I received to prevent those interested in these guns from being misled like I was initially. Guess what? I ordered one of their lever action carbines! And it's MADE IN AMERICA! What a great rifle for the price! The receiver is grooved for dovetail rings so I ordered the best-made pair that I could find. I chose the BSA brand that allows you to view the iron sights below the scope, and I am currently waiting for a NcStar scope. In case you’re interested, I also found 22 cal.short ammo “by the brick” at a really great price from http://www.midwayusa.com. Now I can plink, plink, plink till my heart’s content, or hunt till my freezer is full! SHOOT ON BROTHER!
    PS: The next neat rifle that has caught my roving eye is Henry’s pump action gallery style 22. It reminds me of the good old boardwalk days! Gotta git me one!

Default Re: HENRY LEVER ACTION RIFLES

Quote Originally Posted by MERCEDESA1@aol.com View Post
    And it's MADE IN AMERICA!
    Ummmmm, close.........actually they are made in New Jersey

Nice guns, American made (NJ issues aside) and the owner of the company, Anthony Imperato, is a stand-up guy.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Philadelphia County)

I should have gotten a Henry .357 Mag instead of Legacy Sports 1892 Carbine, made by Chiappa.

Here is my experience with this Chiappa: I opened the box and there was rust on the barrel bands and receiver. There was also a hairline crack in the butt stock. The magazine follower was rubbing against the right receiver; the loading gate was sticking; the rounds would not chamber, depending on the type of ammo used; the action was not smooth. I bought this hoping that it would be better made than the Rossi-made 1892. The dealer is sending it back to the distributor.

Should have gotten a Henry...

I've got a Henry H001. Shoots as straight as I can with open sights and no bench rest. Has never failed to feed/eject. And the plastic bits are holding up fine. (So far, at least. I've been tempted to get the replacement metal bits, just in case.)

Dandy little rifle.

(Butler County)

Recently bought the Henry Frontier. Sweet rifle. After getting it a friend gave my 50 rds of CCI 22LR Mini-Mag. Being labled as mag is this round OK to use?

(Bucks County)

If the caliber engraved on the barrel says .22WMR or .22 Magnum the CCI mini Mags are not ok to use. Mini Mags are high velocity .22 LR.
    If the barrel is engraved .22LR or .22LR, L, S. then the Mini Mags are OK.

Jeff
    NRA Benefactor member
    NRA 2nd Amendment Foundation
    Colt Collectors Association
    Browning Collectors Association
    Sharps Arms Collectors Association
    SASS Association

SANS PEUR et SANS REPROACHE

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonM55 View Post
    Recently bought the Henry Frontier. Sweet rifle. After getting it a friend gave my 50 rds of CCI 22LR Mini-Mag. Being labled as mag is this round OK to use?
    Yea, that's just the marketing term they use.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

I won a Henry Golden boy at a Broken Wings motorcycle run. Great rifle, My wifes says it is fun to shoot and she wants it. That is not going to happen.
    BROKEN WINGS is an organization started by a guy I work with. It is set up to help families and friends of the missing and murder. His daughter disappeared in 2003 and her scumbag boyfriend later died in prison without telling what he did with the body.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Washington County)

In my opinion, skip the metal bands and sight hood. the sight hood will slip off, and the metal band is potmetal, and will strip when tightening to spec.

Nothing wrong with a good application of plastic. now if they were doing brass or solid aluminum ones, sign me up.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    now if they were doing brass or solid aluminum ones, sign me up.
    Henry has them listed in brass at 27.50 for the golden boy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast