Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Carrying a Carbine

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read my question. I was wondering if I can carry a Kel-Tech sub 2000 on my person or in my trunk with a LTCF. The PA UFA defines a firearm as having a barrel under 18'' if I'm not mistaken. The kel-tech has a barrel length of 16.1", so am I covered? Thanks agan for your replies.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Carrying a Carbine

There is no law against carrying a long gun on your person openly or concealed, loaded or unloaded. It is also legal to transport UNLOADED long guns in a vehicle without a LTCF. The only time you need a LTCF for long guns is when you're within a City of the First Class(Philly) or during a declared state of emergency. Other that the 1st class city thing and the emergencies, a LTCF and no bearing on long guns.

Here is the definition of a "firearm" in PA,

"Firearm." Any pistol or revolver with a barrel length less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches or any rifle with a barrel length less than 16 inches, or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches. The barrel length of a firearm shall be determined by measuring from the muzzle of the barrel to the face of the closed action, bolt or cylinder, whichever is applicable.
    The only time "firearm" means something else the new definition will be in that subsection of law. Since PA only prohibits carrying concealed of "firearms", and transporting of "firearms", with limited exemptions - a long gun is uneffected by said laws. You cannot transport a loaded long gun - period.

Definition of loaded,

"Loaded." A firearm is loaded if the firing chamber, the nondetachable magazine or in the case of a revolver, any of the chambers of the cylinder contain ammunition capable of being fired. In the case of a firearm which utilizes a detachable magazine, the term shall mean a magazine suitable for use in said firearm which magazine contains such ammunition and has been inserted in the firearm or is in the same container or, where the container has multiple compartments, the same compartment thereof as the firearm.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lackawanna County)

Don't do it in the woods or while spotlighting. They will get you for a violation of the Game Codes!

(Philadelphia County)

Are you worried about transporting your KelTekS2000 to and from the range?

Or is this day-to-day carry, under a trench-coat type of thing?

If its the latter, I'd highly advice against it.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

ahh some people never cease to amaze me

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    ahh some people never cease to amaze me
    Nothing wrong with carrying a rifle in public, so long as you don't have bad intentions. If he OC's it, and possibly even worse, if he is CC'ing and his rifle becomes revealed, I can say without a doubt multiple police will arrive in short order however. Just like OC'ing a handgun, carrying a rifle in public is something you need to be prepared to deal with when the police arrive. Know your rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA-Joe View Post
    Don't do it in the woods or while spotlighting. They will get you for a violation of the Game Codes!
    I haven't gone spotting in years but in the event if I decide I want to go spotting. Would I be breaking games laws if I had my Ruger SR40 on my side.
    I have a LTCF. I do know that if you are out spotting and get pulled over by a game warden and you have a loaded rifle in the vehicle you could be in trouble but what about a person who CC's everyday and just has his pistol on his side.

(Lackawanna County)

You are allowed to carry a person defense firearm. A WCO might question a scoped Redhawk.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA-Joe View Post
    You are allowed to carry a person defense firearm. A WCO might question a scoped Redhawk.
    He may question it but he could not charge you with anything. The law allows you to carry a firearm. As defined above, it dosent matter if its a TC contender chambered in .308 or if its a ruger lcp. The law defines them them same. Also merly walking in the woods with a loaded rifle does not violate game law. I take my ar for a walk quite often.

(Jefferson County)

A GC officer may cite you, but without an overt act of hunting or poaching taking place the charge wont stand. You have to be in the act of hunting or poaching, courts have already settled this.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast