Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default new holster and another magazine

When i bought the gun the previous owner said it came with a holster but when i got home i couldn't find it in the bag, well here it fell out and was in my car. Still probably gonna look for a another one but this will do for now. Its more comfortable then my last one and not as bulky.

Last edited by 4tun8; February 6th, 2011 at 03:43 PM.

Default Re: new holster and another clip

It's a magazine.

(Monroe County)

I am not one of those who gave you negative points for your post, but it might be because of your use of the word "clip". If you are referring to the device that goes into the magazine well of your pistol, it is called a MAGAZINE. A clip is a device that hold multiple round on a strip for loading a rifle magazines.

And if you are carrying a .22lr for self defense, good luck but you are likely to regret it if ever you have the need to engage in a lethal force encounter.

Standard carry guns are of a .380 auto (aka 9mm short), .38 special minimum caliber and even they are considered un-reliable as a defensive weapon.

just saying.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by twoguns View Post
    I am not one of those who gave you negative points for your post,
    neg points dont mean anything to me.

I but it might be because of your use of the word "clip". If you are referring to the device that goes into the magazine well of your pistol, it is called a MAGAZINE. A clip is a device that hold multiple round on a strip for loading a rifle magazines.
    Thank you, please excuse my incorrect terminology, I'm still learning.

And if you are carrying a .22lr for self defense, good luck but you are likely to regret it if ever you have the need to engage in a lethal force encounter.
    Why would I regret it? A lot of people have told me that its no good and worthless. But I don't think alot of people take into the consideration of the physcological effect of being shot at. I may not have to hit the person to get my point across.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Why would I regret it? A lot of people have told me that its no good and worthless. But I don't think alot of people take into the consideration of the physcological effect of being shot at. I may not have to hit the person to get my point across.
    Which is probably non-existent when drugged up and planning to brutally harm someone for something they may have.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ffighter530 View Post
    Which is probably non-existent when drugged up and planning to brutally harm someone for something they may have.
    Which is a good point, but if i ever do have to fire i don't plan on missing either. Doesn't mean i can't miss but you know what i mean.

But so no else has to say it unless they feel the need to, once my tax return comes back I am stepping up to a larger caliber.

(Bucks County)

I've been following the "airsoft holster/.22 for self-defense" scandal on the EDC thread and I just read through this one, and though I do agree that an airsoft holster may be inadequate for a real firearm and that a .22 is an insufficient round for self-defense, I must rep the OP for handling his criticism quite well. He never seems to take it too personally and debates his opinion without making personal attacks. I've seen many "noobs" come here and make a mistake, get crucified, and then leave cursing the forum and all the members. I think the OP's willingness to learn is genuine, and that deserves +1 in my book.
    Last edited by SierraPapa; February 6th, 2011 at 03:40 PM.

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living
    with power to endanger the public liberty. -John Adams

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by condition1 View Post
    I've been following the "airsoft holster/.22 for self-defense" scandal on the EDC thread and I just read through this one, and though I do agree that an airsoft holster may be inadequate for a real firearm and that a .22 is an insufficient round for self-defense, I must rep the OP for handling his criticism quite well. He never seems to take it too personally and debates his opinion without making personal attacks. I've seen many "noobs" come here and make a mistake, get crucified, and then leave cursing the forum and all the members. I think the OP's willingness to learn is genuine, and that deserves +1 in my book.

Scandal lol. This holster is the one that apparently came with the gun when the previous owner bought it brand new so, i hope its considered "sufficient".

I am stepping up to a larger caliber.
    .25acp?
    Sorry, I couldn't resist a little jab, since I missed this earlier 'scandal'.

Cant help but think it's a damn shame the typical 'bad guy' doesn't have the firearm knowledge of the average gun owner, as I would be terrified to fight someone who only packs a .22, because it probably means that's all they need to put my ass down. Also $4 for 50rnds of SD ammo, and $15 for 700rnds practice would be a nice deal to have. Oh well.

neg points dont mean anything to me.

/// SNIP ///

You're responsible for every goddamned round that comes out the front of that pipsqueak Walther, so if you're pulling the frigging trigger you had better be aiming it at someone who is unjustly trying to take your life or the life of somebody in your immediate presence. Saying that you don't have to hit and talking crap about "psychological effect" is proof enough of the fact that you aren't fit to carry a gun because you just don't "get it." There's just too much danger to others if you don't try your best to strike your target and just pull the trigger indiscriminately like it's a noisemaker. Frankly, I about hope that the country SD where you live catches up with your foolish act and ends it. You may not have deserved all the negative reputation about your horrendous choice of a holster, but every bit of what I'm giving you is well damned deserved.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast