Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why oh why

(Lancaster County)

Angry why oh why

im wondering why gun shops are charging so much to do transfers ? gun traders in reading wants 49.70 to do one thats f'n bs i know it only costs like 5 bucks use the system so wtf??
    V-DUB Shop!DUBNINJA 82

(Bucks County)

Default Re: why oh why

i get charged 10.00 bucks...Sorry but your price is awful!!!

(Wayne County)

Smile Re: why oh why

Quote Originally Posted by sabotage View Post
    i get charged 10.00 bucks...Sorry but your price is awful!!!
    You must hook me up with this $10 transfer connection or I will put the kabash on your attempt to join LGRC next month, LOL.

Not say its right but unfortunately brick and mortar gun shops have to do this to stay in business. With people buying guns online or from chain stores they have to recoup that money somewhere and make it not such a deal after you figure in the transfer for you to purchase from the walleyworlds. Was talking to a gun store owner the other day and he had a good point. If all these small gun shops go out of business and we can only purchase handguns at the big chain stores. Just think the ATF can call corporate and stop handgun sales nationwide.

Once again, not trying to start an argument but just stating the facts.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUN STORE BEFORE YOU GO BUYING ONLINE SEE IF THEY CAN MATCH THE PRICE.
    Tantric Shooting Team

OP I hope you are talking about a private transfer at that price. If it is a private transfer the reason is simple. A service is being performed and the shop has to keep records ect. . While you are being helped other customers are not! A sale could be lost and a lost sale is lost money. The other thing to remember is all shops have over head, lights, heat, water, payroll. ect .

However if you are being charged that price for a gun bought at the gun shop then I would spend my money else where! Some shops charge only 5 or 10 bucks once they get to know you. Becoming a regular can get that back ground check for FREE!!!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

I know for an unfortunate fact (gun buying problem) that they charge $2 for PIC and $3 for PSP for an in house purchase.
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda240 View Post
    SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUN STORE BEFORE YOU GO BUYING ONLINE SEE IF THEY CAN MATCH THE PRICE.
    +1 for supporting local gunshops. Without them, can you imagine the lines at Cabelas? I went into my local FFL today and had him order a pistol for me. He charges 10% over what he gets it for. As they have overhead, I felt that this price was entirely reasonable.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    im wondering why gun shops are charging so much to do transfers ? gun traders in reading wants 49.70 to do one thats f'n bs i know it only costs like 5 bucks use the system so wtf??
    I hear ya. I was trying to buy 5 Mosin Nagant's online and because Gun Trader's is where I do most of my business (ie my family has bought countless guns there this past year) I decided to call them to see what they would charge for the transfers....they told me $50. I asked if they would bring it down a bit since I would be transferring multiple guns, and they said no. That was quite disappointing. I will say, I will continue to do business with them because I like them and they have always been great when we go in, but I will not do a transfer with them.

You can try Kerper's in Bowmansville, off of Rt 625. They quoted me $20 for a transfer, and I believe others can vouch for them.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

I see that you live in Lancaster county. Try checking out GunDealer Online off Route 30 in Lancaster. They charge $25 bucks and the owner, as well as the staff, are all terrific.

(Bucks County)

Smile Re: why oh why

hey i pay the same thing 50 bills to some ffl dude in my hood, LOL, he is local and gets what i want...

he is a real nice guy just trying to get by so i do not mind paying so much...shops on the other hand are thieves it seems now a days ne how with this stuff...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast