Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Aimpoints or Primary Arms?

Looking for an optic to sit atop a Spikes Tactical AR I am about to order.

I've been looking at the ML4 vs the T-1/H-1. Looking for one that can do a 1/3 co witness and it seems both can. Outside the size of the actual optic any pros concs of either?

I'm also stuck wondering if I should spend $700 on optics only leaving $100 for ammo at the time of purchase or if I should go with a cheaper primary arms leaving more money for ammo/mags.

I got a bonus and thats how I'm able to make this happen outside of that my daily cycle has me pumping money into the mortgage, kid, savings, etc. So chances are if I don't get an Aimpoint now it won't be for awhile.

Thoughts? I figured I could stock pile mags and ammo slowly where as if I tried to stash for the Aimpoint later it would end up getting spent.

Primary use of gun are fun/plinking/HD (basement).

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: Aimpoints or Primary Arms?

NO ONE regrets quality optics, but if money is tight, buy your mags and ammo first, and practice with your iron sights, until you can afford GOOD glass.

Also consider looking at the classifieds (here, and elsewhere), for a gently used optic, which will save you even more bucks!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Aimpoints or Primary Arms?

Quote Originally Posted by keystoneman 85 View Post
    If the purpose of the gun/optic are just for range use, then the Primary Arms will serve you well. If you expect to be able to use the optic for home defense, you want the Aimpoint.

You can leave the Aimpoint turned on at all times, just change the battery once a year. In a home defense situation you can just pick up the gun and you're ready to go, no fiddling with dials to turn on the red dot.

The Primary Arms (depending on the version) can only be left on for a few days or weeks before the battery will die. Not particularly useful for leaving on all the time and ready to go.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

(York County)

Group buy going on now on ar.15.com for Aimpoint PRO, so check out the group buy part of the board. Heck of a price for it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steelblitz View Post
    Group buy going on now on ar.15.com for Aimpoint PRO, so check out the group buy part of the board. Heck of a price for it.
    Out of stock, but thanks!

(Delaware County)

you should be able to find an aimpoint for under $500 if you look.

Don't cheap out. use irons if you can't afford it.

(Lycoming County)

Looking for an optic to sit atop a Spikes Tactical AR I am about to order.

I've been looking at the ML4 vs the T-1/H-1. Looking for one that can do a 1/3 co witness and it seems both can. Outside the size of the actual optic any pros concs of either?

I'm also stuck wondering if I should spend $700 on optics only leaving $100 for ammo at the time of purchase or if I should go with a cheaper primary arms leaving more money for ammo/mags.

I got a bonus and thats how I'm able to make this happen outside of that my daily cycle has me pumping money into the mortgage, kid, savings, etc. So chances are if I don't get an Aimpoint now it won't be for awhile.

Thoughts? I figured I could stock pile mags and ammo slowly where as if I tried to stash for the Aimpoint later it would end up getting spent.

What are you using it for?? I mean honestly...if im using in in a competition or going to war im gonna get the aimpoint...if im taking it to the range every now and then but NOT going to war and not using it super rough Id go Primary Arms. Im a fan for general use of good but cost effective/reasonable priced optics.

(Delaware County)

As he said: fun/plinking/HD <--that's the big one.

Anyway, let me break down the end cost for you.

Aimpoint: $500 + whatever mounting option

Primary Arms: Whatever that costs + whatever mounting option + $500 for an aimpoint after it breaks and you come to your senses.

(York County)

Out of stock, but thanks!
    Keep at it though if you want one, the price is killer on it. He sells out quick but has made multiple runs so far. Just post up and email him. If you want a price, shoot me a message. It's hundreds less than you might think.

Don't buy cheap glass. Just a word of advice from someone who's made that mistake a few times. (Yes, I'm a slow learner!)

I don't have a M-4 or T/H-1, but I do have a M3 & it's been great. You'll probably be happy with any AP. If you want a QR mount, check out LaRue Tactical's combo deals. They're good people to deal with.
    http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetac...bos%3AAimpoint
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast