Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default I Guess I was Denied PA LTCF

Called up to check status of LTCF with Centre County I guess I was denied something like undetermined the lady on the phone said I should be receiving a letter and a $21.00 check in the mail in a few days it was sent out on the 1st.

I hold valid Washington and Oregon Permits.
    Last edited by Contract_Pilot; February 3rd, 2011 at 07:35 PM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: I Guess I was Denied PA LTCF

Find out what you were denied for, it should be in the letter. I believe you have 30 days to make an appeal or you have to wait a full year before you can apply again. Let us know what you find out about your denial.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Bucks County)

Are you on probation or anything along those lines?

I had an unresolved court matter that got me declined once, I cleared it up and now carry.
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Duece McCracken View Post
    Are you on probation or anything along those lines?

I had an unresolved court matter that got me declined once, I cleared it up and now carry.
    No, I am not on probation or anything along those lines! I guess that I will have to wait until I receive the letter. Lets hope it is a clerical error!

Lets hope it all can be resolved before Centre County switches to the new system as I never know when I will be in PA could be next month or next year.

If I miss being able to mail in to PA then I guess I will have to get a Utah permit.. Just hate having to spend $85.00 on a class..

I found another post with the exact wording the lady said on the phone "classified as undetermined"
    Last edited by Contract_Pilot; February 3rd, 2011 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Contract_Pilot View Post
    Called up to check status of LTCF with Centre County I guess I was denied something like undetermined the lady on the phone said I should be receiving a letter and a $21.00 check in the mail in a few days it was sent out on the 1st.

I hold valid Washington and Oregon Permits.
    Technically, they should only be sending you a check for $20.00 (assuming they charged you the total legal fees of $25.00). See 18 PA C.S. §6109 (h) below with regards to licensing fees:

18 PA C.S. §6109: Licenses

(h) Fee.--
    (1) In addition to fees described in paragraphs (2)(ii) and (3), the fee for a license to carry a firearm is $19. This includes all of the following:
    (i) A renewal notice processing fee of $1.50.

(ii) An administrative fee of $5 under section 14(2) of the act of July 6, 1984 (P.L. 614, No. 127), known as the Sheriff Fee Act.
    (2)
    (i) The Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency shall implement, within five years of the effective date of this paragraph, a system in conjunction with the Pennsylvania State Police and the Pennsylvania Sheriffs' Association to standardize and modernize the process of issuing licenses to carry firearms. Upon implementation of the system under this paragraph, the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency shall publish notice thereof in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.

(ii) An additional temporary fee of $5 shall be remitted by the sheriff to the Firearms License to Carry Modernization Account, which is hereby established as a special restricted receipt account within the General Fund of the State Treasury. Moneys and investment income in the account shall be awarded as grants to sheriffs to implement the system, including grants to reimburse sheriffs for expenses incurred prior to the effective date of this paragraph.

(iii) Moneys credited to the account and any investment income accrued are hereby appropriated on a continuing basis to the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency. The commission shall establish procedures related to the application process for and distribution of funds to sheriffs under this paragraph. Notwithstanding the provisions of subparagraph (ii), the commission may withhold annually an amount not exceeding 5% of the funds credited to the account in that fiscal year for the cost to implement the system under subparagraph (i) and for administrative costs directly related to the responsibilities of the commission under this paragraph.

(iv) This paragraph shall expire five years after its effective date. Any surplus funds remaining in the account established in subparagraph (ii) at such time shall lapse into the General Fund.
    (3) An additional fee of $1 shall be paid by the applicant for a license to carry a firearm and shall be remitted by the sheriff to the Firearms License Validation System Account, which is hereby established as a special restricted receipt account within the General Fund of the State Treasury. The account shall be used for purposes under subsection (l). Moneys credited to the account and any investment income accrued are hereby appropriated on a continuing basis to the Pennsylvania State Police.

(4) No fee other than that provided by this subsection or the Sheriff Fee Act may be assessed by the sheriff for the performance of any background check made pursuant to this act.

(5) The fee is payable to the sheriff to whom the application is submitted and is payable at the time of application for the license.

(6) Except for the administrative fee of $5 under section 14(2) of the Sheriff Fee Act, all other fees shall be refunded if the application is denied but shall not be refunded if a license is issued and subsequently revoked.

(7) A person who sells or attempts to sell a license to carry a firearm for a fee in excess of the amounts fixed under this subsection commits a summary offense.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by kcr121 View Post
    Technically, they should only be sending you a check for $20.00 (assuming they charged you the total legal fees of $25.00). See 18 PA C.S. §6109 (h) below with regards to licensing fees:
    If you've been a member of this site for awhile you'll know that there is nothing uniform about the supposedly uniform LTCF process from county to county regardless of the section of law you quoted, at least until May when they are to be uniform once again with the new system in place.

As you can see here the Centre County Sheriff charges $26.00 for out of state processing.

Sheriff

Instructions for License to Carry Firearm Application

Completed and Signed Application must be accompanied by the following:
    1. A photo copy of a license to carry a firearm (concealed carry permit) from your home state if that state has a concealed carry law.
    2. A photo copy of your Driver's License.
    3. A self addressed stamped envelope.
    4. $26.00 fee for five year license and out of state processing. (Check/money order made out to Centre County Sheriff.)
    Mail to:
    Centre County Sheriff's Office
    213 East High Street
    Bellefonte, PA 16823
    Special Note: Missouri is now considered an issuing State, therefore it is mandatory that Missouri residents obtain a license to carry from Missouri and include a photo copy with the application.

License to Carry Firearm Application [PDF]
    Back to Sheriff's Office Main Page

Yea, Centre County Sheriff Charge $26.00 so Refund is $21.00

§ 6109 (g) Grant or denial of license. -- Upon the receipt of an application for a license to carry a firearm, the sheriff shall, within 45 days, issue or refuse to issue a license on the basis of the investigation under subsection (d) and the accuracy of the information contained in the application. If the sheriff refuses to issue a license, the sheriff shall notify the applicant in writing of the refusal and the specific reasons. The notice shall be sent by certified mail to the applicant at the address set forth in the application.

This is the part I am confused on?

"the sheriff shall notify the applicant in writing of the refusal and the specific reasons."

According to the sheriffs office the reason was "classified as undetermined" is that because they just wanted to add $5.00 to the local coffers?

The letter may say something else but that is the reason I was told on the phone.

Guess I will have to wait to see if the letter says something else?

I know for firearms purchases when ever my local dealer runs a NICS on me I have to wait a couple days usually 2-3 he said there must be someone with a name close to mine and gave me a NICS number told me to apply for a UPIN to avoid having to wait. But it dont bother me to wait a couple days for the feds to do their thing.

(Jefferson County)

Do you have anything "spotty" on your records that could be an equivalent of the laws here at this link? --> http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/...sfer-firearms/

If not, its possible that you have a similar name or other attributes to someone else that is prohibited. If you aren't prohibited, then appeal the findings.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Is it possible that PICS pulled the undetermined or put into reaearch BS?
    As often as it happens with gun applications I can only imagine it's become not unusual with LTCF's as well.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Do you have anything "spotty" on your records that could be an equivalent of the laws here at this link? --> http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/...sfer-firearms/

If not, its possible that you have a similar name or other attributes to someone else that is prohibited. If you aren't prohibited, then appeal the findings.

No Offenses that could be equivalent on the list there.

I will appeal their findings.. the day i get the letter!!
    Last edited by Contract_Pilot; February 4th, 2011 at 07:43 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast