Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Indiana County)

Default Kittanning Twp Gun Show Feb 12-13 2011

Kittanning Twp Firehall
    Feb 12-13 2011
    4 Miles East of Kittanning on Rte 422

Sat 8am-4pm
    Sun 8am-3pm

Admission- $5.00 (12 & under Free with Adult)
    Free Parking

Info:
    724-543-3557
    724-545-9014
    724-548-7290

I haven't been to this show in a while, but it is usually set up with local mom & pops & gunsmiths as well as some of the larger shops from around the area.

Maybe someone else can chime in that has been at one recently.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Kittanning Twp Gun Show Feb 12-13 2011

I've never been to this show, is it worth going to?

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter04 View Post
    I've never been to this show, is it worth going to?
    Typical small PA firehall show. Takes maybe 15-20 mins to go through the whole thing, but like any small PA firehall show, you never know what you will find.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

I drove out today. There was a good crowd. The isles were narrow, so they were easily blocked. Took a bit of manuevering to get through.

Not many black guns. A few WWII vintage rifles. Lots of vintage Winchesters of all types. A good selection of Remingtons. Savages were well represented. Mostly hunting rifles and shotguns. However, the prices were high on most of what I saw.

A great deal more used reloading equipment than last week at Wind Gap. One fellow had a nice older Rockchucker with the primer tray for $75. Lots of older Lyman and Pacific scales around. A few powder dispensers. Plenty of die sets at several tables. Most were $20, some were $15. Another vendor had at least three old lyman Tru line presses, two were in their original box's with accessories. He also had several die sets for the Tru line's. Lot's of misc. reloading equipment throughout. I don't recall seeing any bulk ammo.

I picked up a set of very nice CH 300 H&H dies in their original box for $12 and a set of RCBS .308 dies that looked like new for $20.

MJT

(Allegheny County)

Went out today, and as stated by MJT the prices on guns were fairly high as expected, but the reloading equipment and small odds and ends were resonably priced

(Indiana County)

Like I remembered, lots of small dealers and gunsmiths as well as "private" collectors, just a few bigger dealers.

Like said above, lots and lots of hunting rifles, lots of reloading and piles of small parts.

I did find some push button QD sling mounts for my VLTOR stock in a half off box, got 2 in a baggie for $5, that's about a $25 savings per pair over any online place I found. Grabbed a Beretta US M9 holster and a pistol laynard for $21 and a few boxes of Starfire 9mm for $10 a box. I also brought home a box of 100+ LC once fired 50BMG brass for $50.

Was tempted to make an offer on a Para P14 for $475 until I saw the feed ramp, or should I say what was left of the ramp after someone took a die grinder to it, I passed. Looked at a Fox Mod B that looked pretty good for $400, but the zinc hardware store phillips screw holding trigger guard on left me wondering what else might have been scabbed together.
    Was also considering a Beretta .25 for $230 just for a BUG, but again, passed. Was kind of dissapointed at the lack of used handguns and at the prices of the ones that were there.

I also passed on a used "ultra rare" Glock 33rnd mag that sells online for $65 for only $35. (all according to the dealers sales pitch)

As much as I like browsing the big shows, these small shows are more my speed as it seems the small dealers have more time for you even if they don't have the selection, I'm going to be passing on the large shows from now on unless I'm really in need of some odd ball part.