Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Magazine Ban hidden in the FAA bill?

DONE!!! DONE!!!

Borough of East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)

Magazine Ban, Gun Show Ban and Even a Gun Ownership Ban...
    -- All this and more may come up in the Senate!

Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert
    8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151
    Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408
    http://gunowners.org

Friday, February 4, 2011

Since the Tucson tragedy, anti-gun Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) has been hovering like a vulture, waiting to pick the bones of the victims for political advantage.

Now he has his chance.

The same Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reauthorization which provided a vote on the repeal of ObamaCare may well be the vehicle for a series of gun control proposals.

Right now, no one knows which amendments will be offered. Democratic leaders like Senator Richard Durbin (D-IL) are threatening to offer anti-gun amendments, and pro-gun Senators like Tom Coburn (R-OK) are considering amendments to protect gun rights.

Now, it's entirely possible that senators from both sides will simply retreat to their own corners. In fact, GOA's sources inside the Senate indicate that gun amendments to the FAA bill are unlikely at this point, but there's no way can we count on that -- and risk being caught unprepared.

There are three amendments which Lautenberg and Representative Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) have been nursing since Tucson.

The first would limit semi-automatic magazines to 10 rounds, in a reprise of the Clinton ban.

The second would effectively shut down all gun shows. It would do this by sending any gun show promoter to prison for up to two years if a SINGLE attendee were not informed of his Brady Law obligations. No one would dare sponsor a gun show under these circumstances.

The third anti-gun amendment would allow the Obama administration to seize guns from anyone they choose to place on a "watch list." Millions and millions of pro-gun supporters could find their names on an ObamaList with no due process -- and no way to get their names removed. Please note that this administration has already advised law enforcement to treat supporters of the Constitution and gun rights as possible domestic terrorists!

ACTION: Contact your two senators. Ask them to support any pro-gun amendments, and definitely insist they vote against the Lautenberg/Durbin amendments to ban semi-automatic magazines, shut down gun shows, and create a "no guns list" of Second Amendment activists. You can click on the Gun Owners Legislative Action Center

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/alertid=25971501

to send your senators a pre-written message.
    Nothing in this email is untrue. In fact, its all VERY TRUE. This is how our legislative process works, which once you understand it, you begin to realize how lucky we are to have gotten along this far without having lost all our rights already (as its all too easy to screw people with the power of government)

As of tonight, there are now 46 amendments submitted to the Senate Floor, NONE OF THEM have to deal with 2 amendment issues.

Senate is to reconvene Monday at 2:00PM.

This is not to say come Monday that Frank Lautenberg doesn't offer his "Package of Common Sense Gun Bills" as amendments.

It is very wise to let our legislators know we are not in support of such Legislation, offered either as a Bill, or as an Amendment (Rider) to another piece of Legislation.

I think its time we all learned how to use the Thomas Collection at the Library of Congress to our fullest benefit, especially since our tax dollars pays for it.

J........

(Bucks County)

It's stunning to me that the penalty for having an 11 round magazine could be 10 years in prison, but I could drive down the road at 100mph after drinking a fifth of Jack, and at most, I might spend a weekend in jail and lose my license.
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by rikilii View Post
    It's stunning to me that the penalty for having an 11 round magazine could be 10 years in prison, but I could drive down the road at 100mph after drinking a fifth of Jack, and at most, I might spend a weekend in jail and lose my license.
    That's known as the Kennedy Paradox.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(York County)

Am I correct in thinking, that if the Senate attaches anything to a bill that was passed by the House, then it has to go back to the House, for reconsideration, and possibly have all the amendments stripped from it? If this is the case, and they actually do attach amendments, we should be ready to contact our Congress Critters also.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    Am I correct in thinking, that if the Senate attaches anything to a bill that was passed by the House, then it has to go back to the House, for reconsideration, and possibly have all the amendments stripped from it?
    Sure, they could ping-pong it back and forth. More typically, when the chambers pass different versions of the bill, they form a conference committee to hash out the differences. Traditionally, members of both parties from both chambers are represented in the conference committee (though it's not always like that, see also: Obamacare). The differences are resolved, and the final version of the bill runs through both chambers.

That said, if one chamber agrees with (or at least can accept) the changes the other chamber made, it'll bounce back to the first chamber for a quick vote for passage. The conference committee is only formed when there's a fight to be had over the differences.

(Allegheny County)

As an FYI - Good Morning America had Gabby Gifford's deceased aid's homely and raggedy-ass (really; she is unattractive to say the least) looking gal-pal on in an interview with Stefanoplous.

She is of course pushing a mag-limit ban in AZ and in the USA - as it certainly would have saved her prince's life if the Tucson Twinkie could only shoot 10rds out of his Glock.

This is how they work folks; trot out as many widows, orphans, and cripples into the media spotlight to garner pity and support for their cause. Never mind that the USA lacks the courage to buck political correctness and have suspected nutjobs brought in and looked at before they harm themselves and others.

I took action. messages sent.
    [SIGPIC]

The third anti-gun amendment would allow the Obama administration to seize guns from anyone they choose to place on a "watch list." Millions and millions of pro-gun supporters could find their names on an ObamaList with no due process -- and no way to get their names removed. Please note that this administration has already advised law enforcement to treat supporters of the Constitution and gun rights as possible domestic terrorists!
    This is the one that I've had my eye on for the last few years.
    Bloomberg and Schumer have been crying for this for years now.

Truly scary that any American would support this!
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    This is the one that I've had my eye on for the last few years.
    Bloomberg and Schumer have been crying for this for years now.

Truly scary that any American would support this!
    Wish this snow would melt, I have some holes to dig...
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12