Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Ryan's Holster Reviews; Galco Tuck and Go Minimalist IWB

Alright, this will be my first post like this made entirely from my phone, pics, uploads, and all.

For your viewing pleasure today we have the Galco Tuck and Go, for the Glock 26, 27, and 33.

It is a very minimalist holster, very light and very thin. It uses a J hook that attaches under your belt.

The first time I put this holster on I hated it, because the gun rides extremely low. It makes drawing a bit of a chore, but with a little practice I was able to get it down. The extreme low ride is good for one thing, and that's concealment. You could wear this holster under a fitted t shirt and you wouldn't print.

The holster was very tight when I got it. I put the gun in a plastic bag and crammed it in the holster overnight and that loosened it up just enough.

The holster is rough suede, with a smooth leather reinforcement band. The clip is plastic. The mouth of the holster is wire reinforced, so it stays open no matter what.

I'm pretty satisfied, I think it only runs like $30 or $35. I won't be abandonding my Supertuck, but it's certianly not terrible for the money.

I can't do anymore. Typing on this phone makes me wanna shoot myself.
    Next review will be a Safariland ALS. I'll do that on a computer instead of my phone, that way I'll put some more effort into it.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Berks County)

Default Re: Ryan's Holster Reviews; Galco Tuck and Go Minimalist IWB

Nice review! But what I wanna know is what kinda belt is that and how do you like it?

(Cumberland County)

Thanks!

That is a 5.11 Trainer Belt and I like it a lot. It's nice and stiff, and comes in a variety of colors, widths, and sizes.

It also only cost like $35, which works for me.

Check out Atlantic Tactical's website. They always have great prices on 5.11 stuff and are running some specials last I saw. They also have a couple retail stores, one down the street from me in New Cumberland, one in Phily, and I think there's one in the PRNJ.

(Berks County)

WOW I didn't think I would get a response that fast LoL. Thanks!!! I'm going to have to check out their Philly location. It will give me an excuse to visit the rents since they live there hahaha. One last question...what width is that? I'm probably going to go with the 1.5" since most of my holsters are already designed for that.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Munky View Post
    WOW I didn't think I would get a response that fast LoL. Thanks!!! I'm going to have to check out their Philly location. It will give me an excuse to visit the rents since they live there hahaha. One last question...what width is that? I'm probably going to go with the 1.5" since most of my holsters are already designed for that.

I have the same belt and will guess that it looks like the 1.5". I also have the same belt in the 1.75", and although it is noticeably more sturdy, it is rather difficult to find belt loops or holsters that can accommodate the larger width. I have no complaints with the 1.5".
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    I have the same belt and will guess that it looks like the 1.5". I also have the same belt in the 1.75", and although it is noticeably more sturdy, it is rather difficult to find belt loops or holsters that can accommodate the larger width. I have no complaints with the 1.5".
    That is my main reasoning behind opting for the 1.5". All my pants have belt loops that a 1.5" fits through snugly. I've tried a few 1.75" belts and have a hard time getting them through the belt loops. Plus like I said almost all of my holsters are made specifically for 1.5" belts and don't have adjustments built in. Thanks for the info rwb1500 & Curmudgeon!!!

(Cumberland County)

Mine is a 1.75, only because for a while I was using a few hosters that required it. They make good stuff, as long as you're ok with the tacticool aspect of some of it. Sometimes wearing 5.11 gear screams gun. I've made a few strangers just because I spotted their 5.11 pants. Belts are pretty nondescript though.

(Berks County)

I'm not worried about that since I walk around in 511 pants 80% of the day (work uniform). Sadly tho I can't carry at work .