Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default Obtaining LTCF in PA

Hi,

I currently live at two different addresses at different times throughout the year. I sometimes live at my parents house in Wayne County, and for most of the year I live in Washington County. I want to apply for a LTCF at Washington County Sheriffs office, but my PA license has my other address on it. I understand I can have the address changed but I am moving from my current to another apartment in Washington County. Does anyone know if I can just provide proof that I live here and also back in Wayne County? That way I can obtain my LTCF here. I am only at my parents house about a month out of the year but would like to keep that as my permanent address on my Drivers License. (Wayne County) Also I understand that the processes involved in acquiring your LTCF takes over a month and up to two. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Default Re: Obtaining LTCF in PA

Changing your DL address is very simple (and free) on the web. https://www.dot3.state.pa.us/driver_...10201104037585 They send you an update card, and you don't need to get a new photo ID. You can change the address as often as you want -- in fact the state would prefer that you keep their records current, and the law says you have 15 days.