Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default "People that carry, lve in a dream world"

or so this news station sais. i stumbled on the video on youtube, thought i would share and see what y'all think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY...eature=related

(Delaware County)

Default Re: "People that carry, lve in a dream world"

Indeed, every day i dream the world wasn't filled with irrational, violent assholes.

(Monroe County)

Wonder why no one was 30 or over and why they didn't use people that CC daily .... Probably wouldn't give the results they wanted.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    Indeed, every day i dream the world wasn't filled with irrational, violent assholes.
    LOL so true. And well said.

(Delaware County)

Although i can't watch the video from the work computer, i'm pretty sure i know which one this is. Is this the one where they arm a bunch of inexperienced college students with paint marker guns then have them face off in a rigged scenario against a highly trained police officer? And despite this, some of the students despite getting shot themselves ended the assault...

If so, i was thinking of contacting the police department involved for a rematch with a selection of individuals like myself who actually carried every single day while attending area universities.

(Monroe County)

Actually, they should have gone down the road to NCC (Northampton Community College). A large percentage of the students are Vets .... and all the ones I know, mostly Marines and Army, have the scars to prove it.

Apparently, the progressives at the network, collaborating with the anti-gun obsessives, believe that the phrase "controlled study" means "rigged demonstration".

Here's the truth:

Concealed carry means that random attackers don't know who's carrying and who isn't, meaning that in a room full of 30 people, the attacker will be unable to shoot the only guy with a gun "in the first 5 seconds". The Va Tech massacre lasted long enough for the school to send out text messages, for the police to respond and order donuts, and there would have been enough time for a law-abiding student to assemble an AK from a parts kit and stop the killing.

I have never met an LTCF holder whose preferred tactic was to wear a skirt-length baggy T-shirt, stiff gloves, and then sit on the shirt tail. I guess Diane "Leni Riefenstahl" Sawyer couldn't find mittens and blindfolds for the "controlled study".

I'd like to see the exact same "study" done with cops. See how fast a "trained police officer" can use the stiff gloves to lift his shirt up after getting out of his chair, after the ambusher jumps into the room and targets him 2 seconds into the event. I expect this would "prove" that guns are useless to cops, too.

It's amazing to me that the exact same handgun is far too lethal to allow civilians to possess, yet it's somehow completely useless for defending yourself.

If guns are useless for defensive purposes, then what does the President's Secret Service detail use?

(Delaware County)

I see gunlawyer also noticed that all of the participants in this "study" were made to sit front and center in the classroom.

(Monroe County)

Most cops would not have done better under these circumstances. Also... what is the alternative answer to a person who runs into a room and is shooting... just getting killed and not offering any resistance.

The people who where on board the flights that crashed into the World Trade Center just submitted too. They had been taught all their lives NOT TO TAKE MATTERS INTO THERE OWN HANDS. Because they submitted people on the ground died too. If they had acted they would have saved the lives of a lot of people on the ground and perhaps their own too.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If guns are useless for defensive purposes, then what does the President's Secret Service detail use?
    They throw Hillery Clinton's dirty underwear at bad guys. That knocks them out cold.
    Last edited by tsafa; January 31st, 2011 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    Most cops would not have done better under these circumstances. Also... what is the alternative answer to a person who runs into a room and is shooting... just getting killed and not offering any resistance.
    . . .
    An excellent point; a true experiment would compare "survival rates" for rooms with some armed students, and rooms without any armed students. See how effective "no guns" work, compared to "some guns".

A cornered rat will fight an enemy that outweighs him 200 to 1. A rat won't just give up and hope for the best. He may die in the fight, but the aggressor will know that he's been in a death fight, and he'll be bitten and scratched until the rat is physically unable to bite or scratch any more. A rat only gives up when he passes out from blood loss. Experienced predators won't casually go after a cornered rat.

Human beings have a long tradition of digging their own graves, boarding trains to the death camps, turning in their guns because those in power tell them to, and standing meekly before firing squads. Humans give up so they won't look silly if they fail. We die with dignity, after politely cooperating with our killers. But we die.

We could learn a lot from rats.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast