Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default What Phila area shops have you used to receive online purchases?

Long title, I know.

I haven't purchased a gun online yet, I always assumed I'd break even at best. But a lot of you guys on here seem to do it, so I'd like to do a little more research. My normal shop doesn't get involved in private transfers, he said he's gotten burned really bad before so he just stays away from it.

So what Philadelphia area shops do you use and like?

My major concerns are:
    1. Them not losing or screwing up my gun.
    2. Not getting all the money I'm saving eaten up with fees.

Thanks.

Default Re: What Phila area shops have you used to receive online purchases?

I've called pretty much every day shop listed in Philadelphia. It seems the going rate for FFL's is around 50-65 bucks and that just doesn't sit right with me. I did find a place just outside of the KoP area called "Treeline Sports INC" and they only charged me 30, good people too. Would recommend.

Wow! Even if they aren't selling the gun they still want to make the same mark-up..

(Montgomery County)

Try King's Shooters Supply in KoP. Roger and Pat have a price that is fair when you realize that they have to put the weapon into their books and then go through the PICS routine, etc. All shops have to make a profit and if you buy "at on-line gun stores" then you usually are getting a lower price than any gun shop will be able to sell it for. If you buy through an auction site, you may well be paying much more than a store such as KSS can get it for (you) when all costs are added up. Dave_n

Try this guy he is a member here and as going to work with me but just to far to make it viable. Member name Bennettgun
    John Bennett III
    Bennett's Gun Shop

Also Ready Aim fire does them for $35

Also what are you looking to buy? Sometimes you are better off just buying it at a store. I order online only when it is a considerable amount less than one of my local guys can get it for.
    Last edited by 7998; January 30th, 2011 at 02:32 PM.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Chester County)

Thats for the Recommendation. If you are PAFOA member please tell me when you ask for transfer prices as I give a $5.00 discount. I also do not charge full price on multiple transfers done at same time. I am an hours drive from most of Philadelphia, Lancaster and Allentown. I only accept firearm shipments from a FFL. Always call first 610 933 6054. I hope this helps.

(Montgomery County)

Wellington Sporting Goods in Souderton charges $20.00, at least as of last Spring.

Wellington Sporting Goods
    206 North Main Street
    Souderton PA 18964

215-723-6217
    Are we winning hearts, when we should be bagging bodies?