Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Talking Cabelas policy change?

We went to Cabelas today to pick up a few sale items. All was going well until my credit card was declined. I am meticulous about paying on-time and not keeping a balance, so this got me a bit nervous about id theft and such. I went over to the "Cabelas Club "desk as it is their credit card. I asked if the guy there, Eric, could check into it for me. He did so. Made a call to HQ and tells trhem that I am standing right there and would they tell me the news. He hands me the phone and i give my identifying info to verify my id to them. The ytell me they shut my card down because I had failed to make the last payment on-time, and due to this NEVER happening in the past 7 years they thought it best to shut it down for my safety. I don't know if i am happy about this or not, but it will be easy to settle here at home after I type this out.

I thank Eric for his help, retrieve my card from him and reach for my wallet. As I sweep my heavy shirt back to get my wallet, Eric spots the 1911 on my hip. His eyes get HUGE. I think he may have wet himself because he starts in, "didn't you see the signs out front? You are not allowed to carry guns in this store! I don't want to cause you any trouble, but you would be in a world of trouble if the wrong person saw that!

I asked him if policy had changed because I was told Cabelas honors the state law of the state they are in, and Pa law says open carry is legal and concealed carry is legal with a license. He answered with, " Cabelas is not ok with customers carrying in the store". I walked away and left the store. I got distracted by my wife giving me a ration of shit and forgot to look for chaanged signage on the entrance doors. Something else to add to my list of things to do.

Oh, you might wonder why the wife was giving me a ration of shit as we left. Well, this was our annual trip to buy work clothes, five shirts and five pants, reimbursed by the company instead of paying for uniforms. As I was in the fitting room trying on pants, the wife was waiting outside the door waiting to approve or disapprove of my choices in attire. Now, as a little boy, my Mom, God rest her soul, would walk away as we were trying on clothes. This would mean we had to walk, in our socks, across the store to find her and show her the clothes we really did not want to be trying on anyway. I mean, for crying out loud, she is mom, she knows what size we wear! Right?

Why must mom's the world over humiliate little boys by making them take off their clothes in a store changing room with those little slats where you just know pervs are walking by checking out your package. It's horribly disfiguring to a little boys psyche to endure this treatment. I can only imagine what it must have been like for little kids NOT from Texas where, as we all know, everything is bigger! I shudder to think of ther humiliation of changing clothes and being spotted in your Underoos and packing anything less than the 'knee-slapper' Texas kids were issued at birth.

So, my wife knows it is unacceptable to walk away while I am in the changing room. I'll be reduced to a sulking little jerk the rest of the day if i come out and am forced to relive my childhood rendition of Hell. So, she waits close by. My God, I love this woman, she really is a blessing from the Almighty Himself. I do not deserve her. As a 'thank you' to her for putting up with me, i try to keep her , if not laughing, at least smiling all her days on earth with me. With that bit of knowledge in mind, I'll tell you what happened.

She is outside the changing room. I am inside. i realize she is enduring a lot by doing this with me, so she needs a good laugh. I yell out, "HONEY, there is no toilet paper in here!" She did not answer.

I get the pants on and step out of the room. There stands a woman of maybe 35 with a big smirk on her face, " Did you find some toilet paper?" Typical smartass. I looked her right in the eye and said, "No, I used the coat hook".

(Centre County)

Default Re: Cabelas policy change?

As I said in past posts, I used to work for Cabela's in Hamburg.

Their policy hasn't changed. "Eric" was probably some seasonal guy with no clue what he was talking about it.

Don't worry. I've had guys pull out their "concealed" carry weapon while at the gun counter to show it off and they weren't tackled and pulled out of the store by their hair.

I think the only issue is that once there was a guy shop lifting and he pulled a weapon when one of the asset protection guys stopped him and questioned him. Luckily the gun misfired.

(York County)

I'm sorry, but less than halfway through my brain started to fog over... this story, did it have a point?

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Montgomery County)

Was it the Drunk Octopus?

The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

Dammit, now I know I am going to end up using that toilet paper line the next time I go to a changing room! Just another way for me to be a prick. Sort of like when I use to set all the alarms to go off at the sametime in the department stores!

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: Cabelas policy change?

Yeah, it had a point. The point was it appears, according to Eric, that Cabelas has changed their policy. Then I got lazy and needed to get on to the other ten thousand items on my list, so I just told the other story here too. I guess i should have taken the time to put it into two posts. Like i said, I'm lazy sometimes. On the plus side, I'm from Texas, and therefore not hung like a hamster!

(That was an attempt at levity)

(Lehigh County)

Just got back from Cabela's this afternoon. I did not notice any new signs at the front entrance. I did notice some fine looking women walking around the store though.

(Northampton County)

I was there last weekend with my g19 on the hip and was told carry was fine as long as it stayed on my hip. No pulling it out waving it around. If I wanted to try a holster or something, I needed to "check" it in. Like the previous poster said, I would think it was a newbie. That's why he's in customer service. Good place to learn the ropes.

(Northampton County)

I OC'd for FIVE LONG HOURS at Cabelas today (damn NJ people I was with ). Had a good time, though. Met a few people by random chance that are on PAFOA. I don't ever think I've been there without meeting someone by chance from PAFOA or somebody I knew. Except maybe the first time I ever went. I stayed because I was having fun and I knew if I went home late enough I wouldn't bother getting any work done
    Last edited by ungawa; January 29th, 2011 at 07:03 PM.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    I got distracted by my wife giving me a ration of shit and forgot to look for chaanged signage on the entrance doors. Something else to add to my list of things to do.

Oh, you might wonder why the wife was giving me a ration of shit as we left.
    Your wife is a keeper. Most don't ration the shit they give you

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast