Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pay back law.

(Montgomery County)

Default Pay back law.

I think the next thing we should want is a law that gives people who have to defend themselves from illegal laws compensation. This has been use (and miss-used) by a lot of groups to fight the government. I think it would be a crippling blow to groups like the mayors groups.

The City of Philly has and is passing a lot of gun laws that they know are illegal but cost them nothing to put into law. And they will use them against anyone who can afford to fight them. If I were to have to fight them it would cost all my retirement funds and leave me on welfare when I do retire. If I ever could after that.

Now if I could sue and make a profit lawyers would flock to my defense for a cut of the profit. AND THE CITY WOULD KNOW IT. How quick would they pass or enforce illegal laws then?

Castle Doctrine will protect us by law but a compensation law will protect us by fact.

Default Re: Pay back law.

I've always believed it should be the responsibility of the losing side of a lawsuit who pays for the entire costs. I never related that to suits involving unconsititutional laws but yeah, that should absolutely be a compensated situation.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    I think the next thing we should want is a law that gives people who have to defend themselves from illegal laws compensation. This has been use (and miss-used) by a lot of groups to fight the government. I think it would be a crippling blow to groups like the mayors groups.....
    Ultimately, it's the taxpayers who fund the compensation.
    I think those who craft such laws should be held personally criminally and civilly responsible.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    I think those who craft such laws should be held personally criminally and civilly responsible.
    Only the deductible and the premium increase after that. However it'd be a good thing because it might piss off enough tax payers to vote someone else in that wont get the municipality sued.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

I'm on board and actually think that should be a priority over any castle doctrine legislation. Even better would be if they were both incorporated into a single passable bill.
    I'll vote for Romney when he promises not to run in 2016.

im with you on that one.....
    FJB

I get where your coming from and easily concede the point of the tab falling on the taxpayers but....holding an individual responsible for a passed bill becoming law doesn't fly too well. It takes an entire legislative body and a governor/president signature meaning many people and in fact an entire system is at fault. In the end, it becomes the fault of the electors (We The People) for allowing our representatives the unchecked freedom to enact any unconsititutional law. As I see it, we are responsible for all of the flawed policies and laws we endure. We have the power to vote out elected officals, the ability to converse with our officals and the power to demand impeachment for those who violate the COTUS. We seldom do anything about the abuses.

Sure, there are many who do take up the fight but so long as the majority ignores the issues we have what we have now. Of, By and For has become Inspite Of, By powermad, For their own agendas.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Montgomery County)

I was thinking more the cities who are guilty of preemption of the state. Philly with it's new gun laws. Philly knows what they are doing is wrong and against the law. They simply don't care and why should they? They will spend the taxpayers money and cry about the need for more taxes.

(Indiana County)

Ohio's preemption law puts the onus on the losing party (i.e., the municipality) to foot the bill for both parties. Our preemption law should be amended accordingly.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    I get where your coming from and easily concede the point of the tab falling on the taxpayers but....holding an individual responsible for a passed bill becoming law doesn't fly too well. It takes an entire legislative body and a governor/president signature meaning many people and in fact an entire system is at fault.
    I think your comment is outside the scope of the OP. I'm referring to the busy-body, high school debate club mentality idiots on city/town councils and county commissions who willfully create a law that flies in the face of the state constitution or statutes, with the attitude of, "Take it to the judge."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast