Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Army Navy Whitehall

Well, I guess all good things must come to an end. I used to be a frequent shopper in their gun department. I found some great deals there and bought more guns there than I can remember. I got my tax return and had money burning a hole in my pocket. I had not been there in a long time and thought that I would stop by and maybe pick up a .22 pistol for plinking or just look for one of those "great deals." I called first and asked if they had any xds in the used case. Well after 10 minutes on hold I hung up. I called back and told them what happened then I asked for Nick, the manager. I was told he wasn't working but that got me some immediate attention and my question was answered in less than a minute. I decided to stop in on my way home. The people working behind looked scarier than the customers, rough shaven, unkempt hair, bed-raggled clothing, not professional at all. First thing I noticed is that the prices on everything had gone up. Not worth the drive to get there anymore. Last of all, I was looking at Ruger MKIII .22 which I had a mild interest in. Directly on the other side of the counter from me, an employee was tinkering with a reloading press that was sitting between us. He never once acknoledged me. I don't think he even looked at me. The old, used reloading press was obviously far more interesting than engaging in a conversation with a potential customer. Needless to say, I left without a gun.
    I think I'll check out AF Boyers today. At least they let you know that you are not invisible there.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Army Navy Whitehall

That's typical at the Army & Navy store at Whitehall. Unattentive smug staff and if you ever call them, and they put you on hold, they hang up. I haven't bought anything from this store in about 5 years, and I never intend to give them any money ever again. Really, that place is more of a kid's clothing store than an Army & Navy store. The prices have always been high, ever since I can remember. The only time, I would assume, you get any type of discount is when they run their sale ads, from time to time, in the Morning Call. But, to me with their prices, it is not really a discount. AF Boyers in Slatington, is a better store than Army and Navy price wise. For instance, at Army and Navy the last time I was there, they were selling a Glock 19 for $550 with no taxes or fees. Boyer was selling it for around $480 with no taxes and fees for a new Glock 19. The only other thing I can say about Boyer is he has the best prices in the Lehigh Valley area; but, he charges a 2% fee for credit cards. I would closely inspect anything used you buy from him.
    Last edited by sksman761; January 27th, 2011 at 01:47 PM.

(Carbon County)

I called them yesterday to ask them if they had a 700 SPS Tactical, they hung up on me! The guy didnt even bother to put me on hold, I asked my question and he hung up. Great service there...

(Northampton County)

I have been in the same boat, called and put on hold for 10 min until I hang up. I have gone in when there is no other customer, stood over the same display for 10 min while 3 employees sit back and talk amongst themselves never being helped. But as soon as one of their buddys walk in, they are right there to help. I dont think ive actually made a fire-arm purchase there before, but now i def wont go back for their guns.

(Lehigh County)

Boyer's in Slatington and Handgunner in Topton!
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Dauphin County)

I am not from that area but went in and had a pistol transfer done there. Not a bad place for that 28 out the door nice older gentleman did it was personable. As far as items had a good selection of long guns and hand guns nothing really used. Did have some nice Les Baer 1911's though, but all there prices seemed average to High

(Lehigh County)

Not surprising reading what I'm reading. That "business" will never get a dime from me.

No acknowledgment from ANY of the staff the last few times I was there. Ive given them multiple chances to get my business, but have failed miserably every time I walk through the doors.

Boyer's and American in Broadheadsville for life...

(Lehigh County)

About three years ago my brother picked up a used xd sc40 for $350 otd. The thing was never fired. I thought that was a good deal since I paid a heck of a lot more for mine.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasivanclark View Post
    I am not from that area but went in and had a pistol transfer done there. Not a bad place for that 28 out the door nice older gentleman did it was personable. As far as items had a good selection of long guns and hand guns nothing really used. Did have some nice Les Baer 1911's though, but all there prices seemed average to High
    that must have been years ago. I think its 40 now. quite high

Quote Originally Posted by GunMan21 View Post
    that must have been years ago. I think its 40 now. quite high
    It's $28.50.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast