Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Question What if you forget/lose your wallet & LTCF while cc'ing or driving?

I usually OC my Bersa on my hip but with winter here, my coat usually covers part of it up. I have my lctf so I can cc if I want or for while driving. anyhow, this evening I jumped in the truck to go over to a buddy's shop to make a few repairs and on the way there stopped at sheetz for some coffee only to realize I left my wallet w/LTCF at home.

Considering the gun does still show a bit below the coat and I was driving with it loaded, there is (unfortunate)chance that it could have caused someone to report a "mwag" or some other hassle to arise and I wouldn't have had any ID on me at that point.

What's the worst that could have happened if I'd have been caught or questioned on it? My ltcf is up to date, but aren't you required to carry it while CC or in a vehicle?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: What if you forget/lose your wallet & LTCF while cc'ing or driving?

As far as i know you must have it on you if demanded by a police officer while in the vehicle or cc. That being said if you were asked to present it and could not i believe its almost as if you don't have it at all - well at least until you get back to their headquarters.

Realistically you wont have an issue unless you get pulled over or have some crazy altercation. Just be smart about it and to make it real easy, just make sure you have it.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32148&dateline=128288  0834

(Indiana County)

The licensing statute requires you to have an LTCF in order to carry concealed or in a vehicle. It does not specifically state that you must carry it on your person.

Push come to shove, the police officer could make a phone call to check on your license status, or, the police officer could make life difficult for you.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    It does not specifically state that you must carry it on your person.

Push come to shove, the police officer could make a phone call to check on your license status, or, the police officer could make life difficult for you.

18 Pa.C.S. § 6122: Proof of license and exception
    (a) General rule.--When carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle, an individual licensed to carry a firearm shall, upon lawful demand of a law enforcement officer, produce the license for inspection. Failure to produce such license either at the time of arrest or at the preliminary hearing shall create a rebuttable presumption of nonlicensure.

Thats what im going off of.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    The licensing statute requires you to have an LTCF in order to carry concealed or in a vehicle. It does not specifically state that you must carry it on your person.

Incorrect. You can still get charged but they will be thrown out when you bring your LTCF to the hearing.

Personally - there's a chain connecting my wallet to my belt loop. Problem resolved.
    Junior

(Philadelphia County)

I allways keep one of my accepted non resident permits (UT, NH, AZ, or FL in my glove box with my insurance card and vehicle reg. since we have reciprocity with those states I am still covered if I leave my wallet containing my LTCF at home.

gb

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    I allways keep one of my accepted non resident permits (UT, NH, AZ, or FL in my glove box with my insurance card and vehicle reg. since we have reciprocity with those states I am still covered if I leave my wallet containing my LTCF at home.

gb
    Greg have you heard about the NH "disclaimer" on their website? Basically it says that their non-resident permits aren't valid in the carriers home state.

(Lackawanna County)

Get yourself a few laminated photocopies.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by VinF88 View Post
    Greg have you heard about the NH "disclaimer" on their website? Basically it says that their non-resident permits aren't valid in the carriers home state.
    I have seen such "disclaimer", but also not going to renew the NH permit when it expires since it went from 10 dollars to 100 dollars for non resident recert.

gb

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post

gb
    There's an idea. I have enough to put one in my truck and one in Mrs' van...and still have 2 in the wallet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast