Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up G23 9mm conversion pics/opinion

Picked up this Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel from CTD and I couldn't be happier.
    My G23 was my first pistol and I kind of regretted it as I just didn't get along with the caliber, I initially developed a bitch of a flinch off of it and I still go back to my .22 regularly to stave it off.
    The Glock languished virtually untouched for months as I was shooting .22, .45 and occasionally some 9mm.
    Fast forward to getting the 9mm barrel.
    The fit is tighter in the slide than the stock .40 barrel, it also adds a little weight presumably on account of using more material to reach the smaller ID.
    I ran around 85 rounds through it this morning without a single glitch. I had read online of possible fte's but they never materialized. The ejected cases throw mostly off to the right but a few were going straight up and either directly behind me or coming down and hitting my cap or ear muffs, this is another thing I'd read about online.
    I was pleasantly surprised at just how accurate it shot and after following some pointers from others I manipulated the pistol better and am now loving the Glock again.

Yep, it's still Tupperware, but it goes bang every time.

(York County)

Default Re: G23 9mm conversion pics/opinion

You don't like the .40S&W caliber ??? I am offended.

Do you squat when you pee? j/k

All joking aside, I know a lot of people that find the .40S&W caliber too snappy. Me on the other hand, can't get enough of it. The conversion looks great btw. Thanks for posting!

GB
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood10 View Post

All joking aside, I know a lot of people that find the .40S&W caliber too snappy. Me on the other hand, can't get enough of it. The conversion looks great btw. Thanks for posting!

GB
    .40s&w cartridge the caliber is fine in 10mm

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
    .40s&w cartridge the caliber is fine in 10mm
    Duly noted!
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Lancaster County)

Thats awesome. I am glad the fit and finish are nice. Glad it works properly too. I was going to buy an aftermarket barrel for my glock, but I was kind of iffy about the reliability of it going down the drain. Good to know!
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood10 View Post

GB
    LoL
    Yeah, it was indeed the "snappiness" I didn't care for.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpShooter88 View Post
    Thats awesome. I am glad the fit and finish are nice. Glad it works properly too. I was going to buy an aftermarket barrel for my glock, but I was kind of iffy about the reliability of it going down the drain. Good to know!
    The fit and finish is really very very good, I'd prefer if there wasn't the gawdy logo on top of the barrel but functionality counts for more.
    I nearly went with a Storm Lake barrel but online vendors note some smithing is needed for fitment, that put me off.
    Lone Wolf claimed true drop in quality and they were right, I'd definitely consider stuff from them in the future.

(York County)

I have purchased a few items from them and they have all been top notch stuff. If you don't have one already, get their Glock armorers tool. It has come in handy more times than I can count!

GB
    Certified Glock Armorer

Got 2 FTE's last weekend, first ever out of this pistol in a few thousand rounds fired (many more .40 shot than 9mm).
    I was using cheap KCI mags and will use factory mags next time out to see what happens but I foresee spending 15-20 bucks on a 9mm extractor to ensure reliability.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip W View Post
    Got 2 FTE's last weekend, first ever out of this pistol in a few thousand rounds fired (many more .40 shot than 9mm).
    I was using cheap KCI mags and will use factory mags next time out to see what happens but I foresee spending 15-20 bucks on a 9mm extractor to ensure reliability.
    An extractor should probably set you straight. I've been meaning to get a conversion barrel for my 27 for a while now, just haven't gotten around to it. I'd love to get a .22 conversion but good luck actually getting your hands on one.

Got to agree with Greenblood, I like shooting .40 s&w, even if it is out of a little 27.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    An extractor should probably set you straight. I've been meaning to get a conversion barrel for my 27 for a while now, just haven't gotten around to it. I'd love to get a .22 conversion but good luck actually getting your hands on one.
    No kidding, I tried for ages to locate a .22 conversion kit for cheaper range time, gave up and got a Ruger MkIII instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast