Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default The new Narrative for Gun control:Police Fear 'War on Cops' After 11 Officers Shot

First Tuscon now this, the exploiters are exploitin'

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/24...est=latestnews
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: The new Narrative for Gun control:Police Fear 'War on Cops' After 11 Officers Sho

While all the shootings don’t appear to be connected, Roberts says they have one thing in common.

"We don't have any data, but there seems to be a type of criminal out there looking to thwart authority," he told the station.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/24...#ixzz1C4QFfKEV
    This was taken from the Article ... While i do not Condone violence against Police..Neither do I condone Unwarranted violence that police use on people that they encounter in performance of their duties...With the rapid spread of portable technology stories such as these come to press more easily...Which has both advantages and disadvantages...I still want freedom of the press both public and private..

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: The new Narrative for Gun control:Police Fear 'War on Cops' After 11 Officers Sho

He might as well have said:

"We don't have any data, so we're just going to make some shit up that serves as good rhetoric to push our agenda of disarming anyone not in uniform."

(Bucks County)

Sheer brilliance:

"There's nothing in this that makes sense at all," Police Chief Ralph Godbee told reporters.

Well, he has a point, nothing in the article makes sense.

While all the shootings don’t appear to be connected, Roberts says they have one thing in common.

"We don't have any data, but there seems to be a type of criminal out there looking to thwart authority," he told the station

Wow, Mensa candidate?

Criminals thwarting authority, whoda thunk it.

(Delaware County)

Karl Denninger wrote a piece this morning about this subject.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=178220

Police..... Fear?

Hmmmm.

A spate of shooting attacks on law enforcement officers has authorities concerned about a war on cops.

In just 24 hours, at least 11 officers were shot. The shootings included Sunday attacks at traffic stops in Indiana and Oregon, a Detroit police station shooting that wounded four officers, and a shootout at a Port Orchard, Wash., Wal-Mart that injured two deputies. On Monday morning, two officers were shot dead and a U.S. Marshal was wounded by a gunman in St. Petersburg, Fla.

Really.

Well, we don't know too much about the Wal-Mart or Detroit shootings yet. But we do know something about St. Petersburg, since the press identified the bad guy, and one of his former offenses. With the name and offenses the rest was easy, since The Department of Corrections data is public.

Let's see.... he appears to have had a rap sheet for armed robbery, grand theft of automobiles and grand theft of firearms.

Oh yeah, that was his first time in the pokey. The second time was for sexual assault - by force - and there's a child abuse charge in there for someone under 13 too (was that the victim in the sexual assault?)

The Florida Department of Corrections appears to have been quite-well acquainted with this individual, seeing as he was sentenced to to a five year and several four year terms (served concurrently it appears) and then a 15 year term for the sexual assault.

The obvious question that one asks is "why was this clown on the streets?" I suppose stealing cars and guns, resisting arrest, and armed burglary might not be enough to lock up someone forever - but sexual assault after doing the former things certainly ought to be. Perhaps if the Department of Corrections and the State legal apparatus were less-concerned about locking people up for smoking a joint and more concerned about keeping people like this jackal in prison where he belonged, he wouldn't have been in the community where he could get his hands on a gun (very illegally, I might add, since he was a twice-convicted felon) and shoot a Marshal.

In any event, let's put forward a few things for the police to ponder, assuming they care to.

You might get more cooperation from the local citizens if you didn't smash in people's doors - most-especially the wrong ones. It used to be that when you wanted to arrest someone you performed a job function called "police work", where you sat outside someone's home or apartment with a nice stake-out and waited for a good opportunity to apprehend them when there'd be little chance of violence. Now you initiate the violence, no doubt because it's really important to show off all that fancy hardware you bought and justify its purchase. Unfortunately there's a rapidly-growing list of people who did nothing that was actually criminal, or who weren't the criminal you were after, that get shot up and even murdered - all by "accident." If they survive the felonious assault (and that's exactly what you'd call it if a random citizen did it) their property is usually destroyed. That sort of incident tends to **** off the people in the neighborhood who are not the bad guy you're looking for and leads them to want to do things like flip you the bird instead of help you. The next time you have a criminal in the area you're not going to get any cooperation from anyone once you do something like this.

You might also get more cooperation from the local citizens if you actually arrested some of the bad guys who have been buttraping the people for the last three years or so with impunity. You know, like the banksters who are stealing houses? Or maybe you could bust the minions that they send out to change locks on homes they haven't foreclosed on yet and in which people are actually living. That's happened a few times in the last couple of months and in at least one famous recent case, in Florida, the woman who owned the house was reduced to cowering in fear in the bathtub while the thugs smashed glass to get in. It also appears that she couldn't count on the local Sheriff to actually arrest the bad guys when she called 911. Yes, I consider someone breaking and entering into a home they don't have title to a "Bad Guy", even if you do not. So does pretty much everyone else. Now about that cooperation you were interested in again....

In the end analysis there are more bad guys than cops. This is an intractable problem if the police believe that they're the answer to crime, the practice of which is likely to become much more abundant as our wealth is serially siphoned off and more people become desperate. Call that a "feature" if you will, of all the financial fraud and bogosity of the last few years.

Oh yeah, while I'm at it, those of you in law enforcement might want to look at whether those wonderful mortgage-backed securities your pension funds bought have any mortgages actually in them. There was another lawsuit filed over this just yesterday by some insurance companies.

All those bad guys you refuse to arrest?

They're stealing from you too. Still feeling good about not busting the clowns who broke into that lady's house?

The people are, in fact, the answer to these problems. Those of us who have studied case law and understand what's going on in the world are well-aware that the police have no actual legal obligation to do anything other than show up and take a report after a crime is committed; then try to find the bad guy who did it. That's a nice idea, but it's difficult to take a report from a corpse.

But the people of this nation, including this state, are tired of the crap.

The problem for the peace officers of this nation is that we're tired of all of the crap.

We're tired of the crooks like this clown who thought shooting and killing an arresting officer was a good idea, and who the very same justice system let out of prison twice after he committed violent offenses. We're tired of the crooks that are stealing houses and otherwise generally screwing the public by doing things like filing false affidavits or even just breaking in and changing locks, not even bothering with a court judgment first. And we're tired of the crooks that are police officers who shoot and kill a man in Seattle who is whittling with a pocket knife or who kick down the wrong door in botched drug raids and in doing so shoot and kill innocent people.

You folks in the police forces are interested in only one of these sorts of crook but not the others, and when you're after the first sort you really don't give a **** how many innocent citizens' rights you trample in the process. While we're well-aware that the number of officers who do the latter are in the minority, the fact remains that law enforcement studiously evades applying the same standards to a cop who kicks down a door at the wrong house and shoots the occupant and the guy who commits a home invasion - even though both, when the wrong house is raided, are in fact the same thing and bring the same result to the victim.

This is a problem. See, if the Zombies come, and it appears you're concerned they might, you're outnumbered standing alone, especially when you let serial felons out of prison who appear to believe that **** and gunplay are sports.

If the Police stand with us - the good guys commonly known as "Joe Citizen", however, we all outnumber the jackasses.

"Joe Citizen" has guns too, and we're happy to carry them... but you don't want us to. You think that our unalienable rights are privileges and you make a good show of treating them that way. Further, as I pointed out, you don't think we have the right to be secure in our homes, persons and effects except when you show up with a warrant and can particularly describe what you're looking to search and seize, based on probable cause under judicial review.

I seem to remember somewhere that there's this pesky document that says we have both of those rights, among others. And I also seem to remember that you didn't give those rights to us, and neither did anyone else in government - we got them as a consequence of being endowed by our Creator with them.

We don't ask much, really, and if you're willing to recognize some fairly basic facts you'll find that the citizens will stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you.

But to do that you have stop with the "us .vs. them" crap. You have to do police work when you want to arrest someone, not blow down any door you can find with a SWAT team and all sorts of paramilitary gear, irrespective of what's going on. And you have to start arresting those thugs who you, thus far, refuse to touch - those guys who rob with pinstripe suits, and their minions who commit acts at their behest that, by any reasonable view of the citizens, are in fact felonies.

Finally, you need to start respecting the unalienable rights of the citizens in this state and nation. This means cutting the crap with the so-called "permits" to exercise unalienable rights.

All of them.

We'll stand with you - we want to - but respect is a two-way street and it has to be earned. We, the peaceful citizens of this state and nation, are willing to work with you. But you have to both work with us and respect our rights.

That's the deal, and if you don't like it that's fine - we don't have to help you.

Arrest the people that commit bad acts, and when you convict them, send them to prison until they're not a threat any more. I'm willing, in most cases, to believe they've rehabilitated if the evidence suggests it - once.

But when you let a guy out of prison for armed robbery that likes to steal guns and cars, and who resists arrest (with violence at that) when caught, he then sexually assaults someone, and you let him out of prison again?

That responsibility is yours and if he declares war on you, I don't understand why you're surprised.

I'm certainly not.
    Last edited by Johnboy; January 25th, 2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: changed URL
    Crime is caused by the ready-availability of victims

Maybe, the citizenry are just plain ole fucking fed up and tired of our government? Maybe, just maybe the criminals, those whom have been beaten, fucked over, treated like shit, deprived of basic needs are gonna lead the fight in turning around this country. Maybe!!!

CL

(Lycoming County)

+1 ^^^^^^^^^
    i would rep that comment, but i need to spread the love.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by o1dakota440 View Post
    +1 ^^^^^^^^^
    i would rep that comment, but i need to spread the love.
    Got him for you! He's right too. Wouldn't it be great if the criminals in this country just happened to 'fire the opening shot' in the repeal of our out of control government thugs? Really doesn't matter to me who gets the ball rolling as long as somebody does it. Perhaps the police would like to get the ball rolling themselves. It would sure be a lot less painful for everybody if they just started policing their own ranks.

I am sure there are one or two cops out there that get into uniform each day and say to themselves, "Today I will do no harm to the public I am sworn to protect. Today I will not violate a citizen's God-given rights". Trouble is for every one like that, there are six dozen who put on the uniform and admire themselves in the mirror and go looking for people to bully.
    Until the 'few' start reporting it, and standing up and doing the right thing, no matter how unpopular it makes them, there really are none that we can call 'good cops'. I am sure that will rile somebody up, but think about it. If they see 'thug' behavior in their ranks and do not do anything to remove the thug from their ranks, are they helping? Or, are they part of the problem? They were not hired to be popular. They were hired to do the thing that is not popular. They were hired to be above reproach and respectable. Looking the other way is neither!

Probably not going to be a popular post with some but just have to say something.

Having spent most of my life either working with or running with LE individuals. There have been only a couple that I have known who even remotely approached what is considered by some to be the norm. One went to prison for quite a while and the other was cashiered out.

Maybe I have been fortunate or just a difference in the areas being discussed. If the officers in your area are that bad it is time to start a legal battle to clean up the situation.

IMO talking about armed resistance will not help our common cause.

First and last post on the subject, thanks for listening .
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

If they sell recent events as a "War on Cops," and enough buy it, they're golden.

How do we spin it as a "War on Citizens" when they come after 2A? More importantly, how do we do it so that we have sympathy from a largely unsympathetic press and manage to overcome the bread-and-circuses stupor of a tuned-out nation?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast