Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this normal?

(Lehigh County)

Default Is this normal?

Okay - so again, I'm new to guns - just bough my first one (SAA), but I'm starting to worry that maybe something is wrong?

I have a Beretta Stampede single action colt clone.

I've noticed that the front sight is angled - when I look down the rear sight and line that up with the front sight, you can clearly see the front sight is angled slightly, and not straight up like I figured it should be.

Is this normal? Or do I have a defect?

And if this is normal, why is it angled?

Default Re: Is this normal?

no it's not "normal" but it happens. The barrel was locked in not exactly where it should be. Contact Beretta and they will correct it for you and cover shipping both ways.

(York County)

I agree. I don't recall seeing one that is canted. Beretta has great customer service, at least from my limited dealings with them. They will correct it. We're all humans.

GB
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood10 View Post
    I agree. I don't recall seeing one that is canted. Beretta has great customer service, at least from my limited dealings with them. They will correct it. We're all humans.

GB
    Problem is that I bought it used from a gun shop (Target World). So I doubt Beretta will cover it anymore.

Guess there's nothing I can do now except take it to a gunsmith?

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaerer320 View Post
    Problem is that I bought it used from a gun shop (Target World). So I doubt Beretta will cover it anymore.

Guess there's nothing I can do now except take it to a gunsmith?

Any suggestions?
    Before I took it to any gunsmith, I'd contact them. Target World is probably one of their dealers, and just because you bought it from there doesn't mean that Beretta won't fix it. It sounds like a defect in the manufacturing process, and they will most likely cover it. So before you take it to a gunsmith adn spend your hard earned money, I'd just contact them. The only thing they can tell you is, "Sorry, we do not cover it," and then you can take it to a gunsmith to have it fixed. You don't really have anything to lose by contacting them, so I would.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat088 View Post
    Before I took it to any gunsmith, I'd contact them. Target World is probably one of their dealers, and just because you bought it from there doesn't mean that Beretta won't fix it. It sounds like a defect in the manufacturing process, and they will most likely cover it. So before you take it to a gunsmith adn spend your hard earned money, I'd just contact them. The only thing they can tell you is, "Sorry, we do not cover it," and then you can take it to a gunsmith to have it fixed. You don't really have anything to lose by contacting them, so I would.
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to contact Beretta, but if I need to take it to a gunsmith, how much $$ (ballpark) are we talking to get this type of thing fixed? Is this a simple process? Or complicated?

Thanks.

(Lehigh County)

Does the gun shoot where you point it?

If so, the previous owner probably had the front sight tweaked so that it shoots to point of aim. That is the only way to change a fixed sight gun like the stampede.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by KelBench400 View Post
    Does the gun shoot where you point it?

If so, the previous owner probably had the front sight tweaked so that it shoots to point of aim. That is the only way to change a fixed sight gun like the stampede.
    That's a good question - I'm taking it to the range tonight, so I'll find out for sure. But yes, thats possible, considering the gun had a previous owner. I mean when I look down the rear sight, the front sight definitely lines up, but it's just angled a bit. I guess I should take it shooting to find out for sure before doing anything about it?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaerer320 View Post
    That's a good question - I'm taking it to the range tonight, so I'll find out for sure. But yes, thats possible, considering the gun had a previous owner. I mean when I look down the rear sight, the front sight definitely lines up, but it's just angled a bit. I guess I should take it shooting to find out for sure before doing anything about it?
    Yes, definitely shoot it first. Doing something about it may 'unfix' the prior owner's fix.

Since you are new to pistols, it might be difficult to get consistent groups. If that is the case, try to let someone else shoot it before you decide what to do.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by KelBench400 View Post
    Yes, definitely shoot it first. Doing something about it may 'unfix' the prior owner's fix.

Since you are new to pistols, it might be difficult to get consistent groups. If that is the case, try to let someone else shoot it before you decide what to do.
    Sounds like a plan.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast