Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordered it!

(Erie County)

Default Ordered it!

Well, I dun it! I ordered my upper. http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...per&groupid=55
    Supposed to ship when the Handguards come in, this week or next.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Ordered it!

um....... I hate to burst the bubble, but I talked to a Magpul Rep (Chery) today about the midlength handguards and she told me that they are not expected to ship until early in February due to production something-or-other. I cancelled my backordered order and found a place that had them in stock.

Its possible she didn't know what she was talking about, but I wouldn't get my hopes too high for it coming this week. I hope it does so you can get this thing built too.

I have been waiting since before Jan. 1st for my Mid length handguard. Magpul makes great stuff, and I will support them til they stop making great stuff.... but I can't believe that they got this far behind on handguards.
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

(Erie County)

I'll see what happens. Heck, in a week it'll be February. I was actually planning to order them without the hg's but they were expecting them in a week or so, so maybe Magpul is taking care of dealers first. There's no huge rush, too dang cold to go out shooting anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I'll see what happens. Heck, in a week it'll be February. I was actually planning to order them without the hg's but they were expecting them in a week or so, so maybe Magpul is taking care of dealers first. There's no huge rush, too dang cold to go out shooting anyway.
    That is a heck of a price for all you get. Makes it difficult to justify buying a RRA, BM, or similar upper., even for a bill or two less.
    Last edited by harold63; January 24th, 2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: punc. error

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    That is a heck of a price for all you get. Makes it difficult to justify buying a RRA, BM, or similar upper., even for a bill or two less.
    Correct, if that is the type of upper you are going for, the RRA and Bushmasters are a solid NO.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Cumberland County)

if you are interested, there is a guy over on AR15.com who just froze his spike's AR for an hour outside. Poured water on it and buried it in snow. He picked it up, scraped the ice off the safety selector, and went to town blasting cans.

Pretty impressive if you ask me Its never too cold to shoot

Wish you were closer truckman. I really want to shoot a BCM and a Spikes in the same session. I have enough extra parts for another build, and I am REALLY thinking about one of these uppers you ordered. New Toy (tax return) Season is here
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: Ordered it!

Loos like a nice setup - especially for that price. Either you got the last one, OR, you're backordered for who knows HOW long - the ad now reads, SOLD OUT.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Loos like a nice setup - especially for that price. Either you got the last one, OR, you're backordered for who knows HOW long - the ad now reads, SOLD OUT.
    They aren't sold out. They have them, just waiting on the Magpul handguards so they can ship them. You can get it minus handguards for $469.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by jachrist View Post
    if you are interested, there is a guy over on AR15.com who just froze his spike's AR for an hour outside. Poured water on it and buried it in snow. He picked it up, scraped the ice off the safety selector, and went to town blasting cans.

Pretty impressive if you ask me Its never too cold to shoot

Wish you were closer truckman. I really want to shoot a BCM and a Spikes in the same session. I have enough extra parts for another build, and I am REALLY thinking about one of these uppers you ordered. New Toy (tax return) Season is here
    Didn't say it was too cold for the gun, too cold for me!!!!
    Of course that was a day when the temps were hovering in the single digits.
    If you ever find yourself in my 'hood, pop on in, and we'll bust some caps

(Monroe County)

Smile Re: Ordered it!

Looks like you are in the same boat I'm in. I ordered a Daniel Defense 16" M4 complete upper minus handguards from Smartgunner and I've been waiting for 4 weeks now. Even though its to cold to shoot, I really want to get my rifle finished. The Spikes upper is a really good deal and I can't remember why I didn't order one. So many decisions and a lot of good deals on quality uppers right now! Hope you get it soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast