Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Vortex Changes Viper Scope line-up for 2011

I saw the post from Tomcat concerning the Bushnell Elite stoppage and figured I would share this. For anyone that doesn't know Vortex they are a good scope company that produce/sells an array of lines. They do offer low-end lines as most companies these days do, but they do offer higher tier solutions.

I found out that they are revamping their Viper line of scopes a little while ago and figured I would share it here. The Viper line is a solid line from Vortex. They offer good quality glass, well built tubes and controls and over a very nice scope. A lifetime warranty, and a good reticle selection on most models. Their price point for this line was already pretty attractive for what you get, but the being discontinued they just got extremely attractive.

FYI: Vortex is a US BASED company but the viper series is Japanese glass (To the best of my knowledge, it's to the same manufacturer as the Bushnell Elites)

Here is the list of Vortex Viper line offerings from SWFA.com
    http://swfa.com/Vortex-Viper-Rifle-Scopes-C1410.aspx

Here is what Vortex says about the Viper line;

Take charge of the hunt with a riflescope that will target game just as clearly at dusk as at high noon. XR coatings, exclusive to Vortex, increase light transmission to an amazing 95%. Now that's bright! Precise engineering put the Vortex Viper riflescopes in a class by themselves.

When hunting in close cover and expecting fast shooting, keep your scope set to its lowest power. This will give you the widest possible field of view to cover fast-moving game. When you need more magnification, the unique ViewMAG adjustment lever used on the Vortex Viper riflescopes allows rapid, easy power adjustments - even if wearing bulky gloves.

Vortex Viper PA riflescopes, intended for target or varmint shooting, let you maintain your shooting position and cheek weld while adjusting parallax. Easy to reach and read when preparing to shoot. Some Vortex Viper PA riflescopes also use tall target turrets and 30mm main tubes for increased durablity.

Micro-thin layers of the Vortex XR coatings provide exceptional image quality and edge-to-edge sharpness you need for seeing critical details - especially helpful on overcast days in poor light and at long distances!

Not only are the Vortex Viper riflescopes waterproof, they are highly prized with Argon gas purging - targeting corrosion and extending the life of the riflescope.

* Argon gas does not absorb water.
    * Argon gas does not react chemically with water.
    * Argon gas maintains its protective properties over a wider range of temperatures.
    * Argon gas does not diffuse as quickly as other elements, extending the service life of the optics longer.

I recently purchased a Viper 2-7x32 scope with the Versa-plex C3 reticle from SWFA for $169.95 + 14.18 USPS priority shipping.
    http://swfa.com/Vortex-2-7x32-Viper-...pe-P11227.aspx

This optic is exactly what I was looking for. This is mounted on an AR15 for 3-Gun shoots. I am still waiting to pickup the rest of my sighting rig but here my application of this scope. In the attached photo I am using a random scope mount I had laying in my spare mount bin. I listed the items below that details the final config this rifle will be setup with.

Scope:
    In-hand

Mount
    http://swfa.com/Burris-AR-PEPR-1-Sco...nt-P12624.aspx
    Waiting to order

Red-Dot
    http://swfa.com/Burris-1x-FastFire-I...ht-P12615.aspx
    Waiting to order

Red Dot Mount
    http://swfa.com/Burris-FastFire-Mount-P11030.aspx
    Waiting to order

The total package from just SWFA comes out to $509.80 + Shipping. This is my setup for my 3 gun upper. I make a lot of mention of SWFA because that is one of my shops of choice. Please shop around and find the best shop for you.

PS> I have been adding this disclaimer to my posts today. I had surgery yesterday and I half tipsy due to pain meds so forgive the post if it's a little off or choppy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fr0sty; January 23rd, 2011 at 11:57 AM.

Default Re: Vortex Viper Scopes Discontinued

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0sty View Post
    I saw the post from Tomcat concerning the Bushnell Elite stoppage and figured I would share this. For anyone that doesn't know Vortex they are a good scope company that produce/sells an array of lines. They do offer low-end lines as most companies these days do, but they do offer higher tier solutions.

I found out that they are dropping their Viper line of scopes a little while ago and figured I would share it here. The Viper line is a solid line from Vortex. They offer good quality glass, well built tubes and controls and over a very nice scope. A lifetime warranty, and a good reticle selection on most models. Their price point for this line was already pretty attractive for what you get, but the being discontinued they just got extremely attractive.

FYI: Vortex is a US BASED company but the viper series is Japanese glass (To the best of my knowledge, it's to the same manufacturer as the Bushnell Elites)

Here is the list of Vortex Viper line offerings from SWFA.com
    http://swfa.com/Vortex-Viper-Rifle-Scopes-C1410.aspx

Here is what Vortex says about the Viper line;

I recently purchased a Viper 2-7x32 scope with the Versa-plex C3 reticle from SWFA for $169.95 + 14.18 USPS priority shipping.

This optic is exactly what I was looking for. This is mounted on an AR15 for 3-Gun shoots. I am still waiting to pickup the rest of my sighting rig but here my application of this scope. In the attached photo I am using a random scope mount I had laying in my spare mount bin. I listed the items below that details the final config this rifle will be setup with.

Scope:
    In-hand

Mount
    http://swfa.com/Burris-AR-PEPR-1-Sco...nt-P12624.aspx
    Waiting to order

Red-Dot
    http://swfa.com/Burris-1x-FastFire-I...ht-P12615.aspx
    Waiting to order

Red Dot Mount
    http://swfa.com/Burris-FastFire-Mount-P11030.aspx
    Waiting to order

The total package from just SWFA comes out to $509.80 + Shipping. This is my setup for my 3 gun upper. I make a lot of mention of SWFA because that is one of my shops of choice. Please shop around and find the best shop for you.

PS> I have been adding this disclaimer to my posts today. I had surgery yesterday and I half tipsy due to pain meds so forgive the post if it's a little off or choppy
    I am a Vortex dealer and the Viper line has not been dropped, only changed for 2011.
    They are blowing out certain models that are changing this year.
    New for 2011 is the Viper HS line that focus on Hunting & Shooting which are refined versions of last year's line.
    Everything else you said was spot on.

I am recieving 2 Viper PST's in 1- 4x24 this week 1-MOA 1-MRAD
    Anyone wanting to check or try one out let me know.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Vortex Viper Scopes Discontinued

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo Whiskey View Post
    I am a Vortex dealer and the Viper line has not been dropped, only changed for 2011.
    They are blowing out certain models that are changing this year.
    New for 2011 is the Viper HS line that focus on Hunting & Shooting which are refined versions of last year's line.
    Everything else you said was spot on.

I am recieving 2 Viper PST's in 1- 4x24 this week 1-MOA 1-MRAD
    Anyone wanting to check or try one out let me know.
    Bravo Whiskey,

Thank you for correcting the information. I will update my original post to reflect this information.

I must say that the I love my Vortex Viper 2-7x. From what I heard of the PST's it only gets wayyyyyy better. My only issue is the price point on the new PST's (From what I have heard it to be) put's it into a league with some higher end glass. I am sure it will compete well in that arena but it does open up a few more options to consider.

I would be extremely interested in some photos if you could swing it of the PST's and if possible a reticle shot.

PS> I do love Vortex's no BS warranty. I should scan the card that comes with it to show their stance on a proper warranty program.
    Last edited by Fr0sty; January 23rd, 2011 at 12:01 PM.

Default Re: Vortex Changes Viper Scope line-up for 2011

Frosty,
    They replaced the 2X7 with a 2.5-10x44. HS line is the same glass & coatings as the PST line .
    HS can be had w/ a D h BDC or V plex and the pst come w/ the Illuminated EBR Moa or Mrad.
    I will get Pics up when I get them.

(Beaver County)

I'm pumped for the FFP Viper PST!

(Lebanon County)

I just posted one of my extra Monarch scopes in hopes for a trade for a new 1-4x

Quote Originally Posted by RJ1670 View Post
    I'm pumped for the FFP Viper PST!
    They will have a 4-16/6-24 X 50 in FFP in either a MOA or a MIRAD version avaiable in mid Spring. The 4-16's should go for $849.99 and the 6-24's will be $899.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0sty View Post
    I just posted one of my extra Monarch scopes in hopes for a trade for a new 1-4x
    If and when the time comes your ready to buy I may take trade in's based on a fair value for you and myself.

My brother is a Vortex dealer but correct me if I am wrong!!
    It is my understanding that Vortex allows upgrade exchanges. By this I mean, you can bring in your current scope/ bino's...whatever and upgrade for the difference in cost between the old product and the new.

Vortex does allow this on some of their optics if they can...some changes cannot take place...IE if you wanted PST reticle in Viper models.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast