Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Saiga Owners: TAKE NOTE!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    This sporting requirement goes entirely against what the Founding Fathers wanted, and is nearly reason enough for revolution.
    Yeah, that. I'd say that was confirmed by D.C. v. Heller, and the ruling on the Chicago ban.

The '68 ban needs to be repealed, and the ban on importation of foreign-made barrels should be ended. Somebody tell the ATF what happened in November, I think they must have missed it. Time to pull the reigns hard on this particular group of bureaucrats. To reiterate what StingyGunner said on page 2 of the thread; they're supposed to be working for us, not against us.

Every now and then they seem to get bored, and try to interpret existing laws in such a way as to make something illegal, pehaps as a way of trying to make themselves relevant. This needs to be fixed. Besides, they shouldn't be bored while they're making people wait 2, 3, 4 months to approve form 1s and form 4s.

They're overdue for a spanking after reversing the Akins Accelerator ruling, at least.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Berks County)

Guys: an update from Sebastian @ Snowflakes in Hell:

Public Comment Period
    Posted by:Sebastian on date Feb 1st, 2011 | filed Filed under: Gun Rights

ATF has opened up a public comment period on its shotgun study:

You can comment on the report by e-mail to shotgunstudy@atf.gov or by fax to (202)648-9601. The deadline for comments is May 1, 2011.

We should be sure we’re heard from, but I’d limit responses to productive feedback. Remember that they are not lawmakers. They can’t just repeal laws. But they can sure as hell interpret the sporting purposes clause very broadly, if they wish.
    I agree with Sebastian. We should ALL make sure to comment on this, and doing so in a productive manner will go a long way to making sure this issue becomes a non-starter.

In addition, on a federal-level issue such as this, I would suggest contacting the NRA and ask them to lend their weight to the issue as well. The NRA, just like the ATF, needs to realize, and lend their weight, to the fact that there's more to "sporting" than duck hunting, turkey hunting, and clay shooting with O/Us. 3-gun and practical/tactical training are also sporting as well, and the shotgun configuration used for such sporting purposes are different, and should be allowed as such activities are not in and of themselves illegal.
    Last edited by ChamberedRound; February 1st, 2011 at 03:32 PM.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

All comments must include name and mailing address.

get the foil out.....
    FJB

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    All comments must include name and mailing address.

get the foil out.....
    Feel free to use mine.

Heywood JaBlowme
    123 Main Street
    Anytown, US 010101

Heywood.Jablowme@home.com

They're not gonna verify authenticity or anything, just looking to make sure the fields are filled out.

On another note of this entire 'sporting issue'. So if they start pushing it that certain firearms must have a sporting purpose, I could see a future where if you use a sporting firearm in a non-sporting purpose you could be found guilty of some crime. You know, using a goose gun to shoot a non-goose.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Angry Re: Saiga Owners: TAKE NOTE!

I've never cared for the Saiga personally, but I will defend to the death, the right of all free men to OWN one.

It's BS like this that cost us Street Sweepers and Striker 12's under LORD Bentsen 18 years ago. Tell the BATmen where to get off!

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Feel free to use mine.

Heywood JaBlowme
    123 Main Street
    Anytown, US 010101

Heywood.Jablowme@home.com

They're not gonna verify authenticity or anything, just looking to make sure the fields are filled out.

On another note of this entire 'sporting issue'. So if they start pushing it that certain firearms must have a sporting purpose, I could see a future where if you use a sporting firearm in a non-sporting purpose you could be found guilty of some crime. You know, using a goose gun to shoot a non-goose.
    it took me a few seconds, (your name)but it made me laugh..
    the atf already has my info anyway.. but for the extremely private people out there,,,,
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I've never cared for the Saiga personally, but I will defend to the death, the right of all free men to OWN one.

It's BS like this that cost us Street Sweepers and Striker 12's under LORD Bentsen 18 years ago. Tell the BATmen where to get off!
    I think it was 15 years ago, I bought mine off the shelf at 21 then a few months later....

I'm looking at "official" definitions right now...take a looksee,

(d) Shotgun
    The term “shotgun” means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore either a number of projectiles (ball shot) or a single projectile for each pull of the trigger, and shall include any such weapon which may be readily restored to fire a fixed shotgun shell.

(f) Destructive device
    The term “destructive device” means
    (1) any explosive, incendiary, or poison gas
    (A) bomb,
    (B) grenade,
    (C) rocket having a propellent charge of more than four ounces,
    (D) missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than one-quarter ounce,
    (E) mine, or
    (F) similar device;
    (2) any type of weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may be readily converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant, the barrel or barrels of which have a bore of more than one-half inch in diameter, except a shotgun or shotgun shell which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes; and
    (3) any combination of parts either designed or intended for use in converting any device into a destructive device as defined in subparagraphs (1) and (2) and from which a destructive device may be readily assembled. The term “destructive device” shall not include any device which is neither designed nor redesigned for use as a weapon; any device, although originally designed for use as a weapon, which is redesigned for use as a signaling, pyrotechnic, line throwing, safety, or similar device; surplus ordnance sold, loaned, or given by the Secretary of the Army pursuant to the provisions of section 4684 (2), 4685, or 4686 of title 10 of the United States Code; or any other device which the Secretary finds is not likely to be used as a weapon, or is an antique or is a rifle which the owner intends to use solely for sporting purposes.

Talk about loopholes...

(Centre County)

Just looking back at history, It's sickening to see what we've let happen. What makes now different from 1775? I'm talking in terms of mindset. Why can't we show people that we won't stand for it anymore? Where the heck in the Constitution does it give the government the right to tell us anything about guns? NOWHERE. In fact the reason we have the right to bear arms is to keep the government from telling us not to have them.

I'm just wondering where it stops. Ok, no more importation, at least we have American guns. Oh..no more semi-autos..at least we have our bolt actions. Oh...no more rifles over .22 cal?..Well I guess we still have some guns... Now we can only own one gun? Well I guess they havn't disobeyed the Constitution yet..Oh crap we can't defend the Constitution. And then they take the .22s. But what do we do now? Anything more than protest or calling our reps is interpreted as combative and crazy, but what did our Founders do?...

I was asked a few days ago what right I would die to defend. I said the 2nd Amendment, but now that I think about it, how would I ever die for it? No one is knocking down my door, they're slowly dumbing us down and it's working. Are we past the point of preserving liberty? I would hope not, but when I look around, the government is like a rebellious child and we're the pushover parents. Obama is famous for "community organizing", and shouldn't we be too? Where is our "well regulated militia"? Any right not exercised is a right lost. IMHO the NRA should help the states organize militias, I don't see it happening any other way.
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789