Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: FNP .45?

(York County)

Default FNP .45?

Anyone own or know someone who owns a FN FNP.45? Im looking to purchase one and wanted to hear some reviews.

Default Re: FNP .45?

I've read lots and lots of positives about them. I have been looking into getting a high cap .45 for some time, and was looking at picking up a Glock 21. But after reading so many good things about the FNP45, I decided to go with it instead.

I just picked it up this past Monday. Black FNP45 with the decocker. Haven't gotten to shoot it yet, but hopefully this weekend if the weather cooperates and I get some free time, I'll fix that problem.

Review so far: I absolutely love it. Fit and finish seems excellent. It actually feels great in the hand, not as large as I thought it would be, but it's definitely a bigger gun. Also, for me, it points very naturally. I was trying that out for a while when I first got it home, and the sights seem to just line up almost exactly where I'm looking to aim the gun when I pull it up.

(Bucks County)

It's on my wish list. Everything I have read about them praises them. It fits nicely in my hands as well, and I like huge full size grips.
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

I don't feel like re-typing what I wrote before so here's the link to my review of the FNP45:

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/11...ort-fnp45.html

In a nutshell it's fucking awesome.

One of the range masters where I shoot has one. Lets people shoot it if they provide the ammo. I've never seen anyone so proud of a handgun. I'm trying to figure out why I never shot it when I see him about 50 times a year. 15+1 rds. of .45ACP is some pretty brutal firepower.

(York County)

I have one and wrote a review in a previous thread about them...it's probably the link above, but I'm too lazy (actually, my internet just moves too slowly) to check it out.

Fact of the matter is...this isn't a very good carry gun, it's just too big, unless you are used to carrying something like the Beretta M9 or a HK MK23 or something in that large frame service pistol category. If I could walk around with a drop leg holster and shoot zombies, this would be my go-to gun. Yes, 15 rounds of .45 is great, and it's a good shooter. Great smooth double action, relatively crisp single action...easy to use, maintain...dunno what else I can say about this gun. I've never had any issues with it except for one magazine I think went bad a while back...I think that was my FNP45. I honestly can't remember...but it may have issues with the high cap magazines. Possibly.