Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thumbs up John Brown's Armory-Rochester PA

I have to give a shout out to John Brown's Armory. I made the trip out there last weekend, and was thoroughly impressed with the staff. They were the only shop in the area that had what I was looking for (G17 grip sub2000), and they sold it to me at a very reasonable price despite the fact that these things are rarer than hen's teeth and selling for high prices on gunbroker. Staff was even willing to set it aside for me, which they don't typically do. The guys were friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. I had heard that the shop was messy (which it is), but it had an incredible (and huge) selection of guns, many of which I've only ever seen online. I would definitely make another trip out there and give these guys my future business, and I could spend hours walking around the shop examining all the incredible guns they have.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: John Brown's Armory-Rochester PA

Loved that place, and miss visiting, especially when it was only 15 minutes away when I lived in BC... Have not been there since the late 80's, and that's gonna hafta change real soon. Nice to see their attitude is still in check, and helpful. Do they still have a ton of very old military uniforms, swords, suits of armour, and other military hardware spread about?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns N'at View Post
    Loved that place, and miss visiting, especially when it was only 15 minutes away when I lived in BC... Have not been there since the late 80's, and that's gonna hafta change real soon. Nice to see their attitude is still in check, and helpful. Do they still have a ton of very old military uniforms, swords, suits of armour, and other military hardware spread about?

Thanks.
    I did not notice any uniforms or other hardware, just guns, guns, guns, and ammo.

(Allegheny County)

I agree, John Browns is what a good old fashioned gunshop should be! Place smells like cosmoline and GI bore cleaner. My only problem is I have never left there without a new/old toy. Great shop, good bunch of guys. By the way, Tim is moving around the corner to a bigger store that used to be an antique store. They have so many cool things that they don't have room to put out.
    Last edited by IROCZ; January 21st, 2011 at 02:39 PM.

(Beaver County)

Was there recently to pick up a new toy. Definitely a bunch of friendly guys there and I'm afraid I'll be spending quite a few paychecks there in the future.

(Mercer County)

Really enjoy visiting John Brown's Armory. Wish I lived closer, I'd be a regular. Always something of interest to look at there.

reakin