Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Reloading .45 Colt - any one do it and sell?

Quote Originally Posted by jizmo3 View Post
    Wow, thanks for the reply's and didn't mean to stir anything up.

I'm talking about .45 colt (LC). I do have a 45 acp and yes am fully aware the costs on the acp are relatively reasonable.

did alot of research on reloading yesterday and am probably going to learn how to do that. question - haven't yet researched this part yet - any place in the valley that sells reloading supplies?
    probably going to go with the lee kit or press and die set. primers and bullets can get on the internet but not sure if I would go that route for powder.
    Time to get a book on reloading......
    You can get everything you need at Cabela's, but they are not cheap. I bought my Lee turret press from Kempf Gun Shop.

http://www.kempfgunshop.com/

It is probably cheaper to buy the bullets and powder locally if possible, since bullets are heavy, and powder has Hazmat charges. I buy that stuff at Richland Shooter Supplies, but that might be a bit of a haul for you.

(Lehigh County)

Check these guys out. http://www.mastercast.net

I did business with them when I lived back west. Good prices and good ammo, never had a problem.

mel

(Northampton County)

Sports Authority over by Nazareth has new 45 LC cowboy loads. For quality reloads go to the web site of Easton Fish & Game. www.efga.net Get directions to their range. On the left just before the railroad is Sandy's Sport Shop. Quality reloads at a good price. Open evenings. Phone number is 610-330-6743 ask for Bob.
    Teaching people how to shoot safely and accurately for 54 years. www.gunskills.com

(Lancaster County)

You aren't too far from cabelas, I would start by picking up a reloading book before you take the plunge and buy all the equipment. Know what you are getting into. Like stated above, don't have powder shipped because they charge a 20-30 dollar fee just to ship it due to hazmat. I don't know of any mom and pop shops up your way, but your best bet is to find one and check it out. You will likely find your best deals on bullets and powder there, probably brass too. Maybe not so on the reloading presses and such unless they stock used stuff like Encks does.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by KelBench400 View Post
    Q: Is a license required to engage in the business of selling small arms ammunition?
    No. A license is not required for a dealer in ammunition only, but a manufacturer or an importer of ammunition must be licensed.

Q: Is a person who reloads ammunition required to be licensed as a manufacturer?
    Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit. No, if the person reloads only for personal use.

I believe there are excise taxes on the manufacturing of ammunition, so yes, it is exactly like brewing alcohol for resale.

Good answers and yes there is a 11% excise tax on reloaded ammo unless you reload the customers cases, but they must be their cases reloaded and not thrown into a tumbler and mixed in with other cases.

(Lehigh County)

Thanks for all the replies.
    Glockman - you were the instructor for my wife and I in NRA first pistol - on a brutally cold day about 2 years ago - at a place up by Jacobsburg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12