Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Gun QC Hall of Shame...

What are some of the worst "should have never left the factory" problems you have personally seen? For me selling guns I can remember:

A Rossi pump 22 that had the thumb screw hole in the receiver nearest where the stock met, Literally be half a threaded hole on the edge. Looked like a half circle bite was taken out of the edge of the receiver.

Gently placed a Browning A bolt rifle back in the rack, and a gentle bump on the padded fixture "snapped" off the rear bolt shroud. The metal looked just like a zinc colored lava stone found in a gas grill.

The absolute worst, and many folks say can not be true, concerns a Colt Python. One day while wiping down the guns, I was looking over this Python, inspecting the barrel and thought something was wrong. I then looked down the tube with good lighting, and it was a tube!... Not a lick of rifling. This happened at Sol Neft Sports in Aliquippa, and was sent back to Colt by the manager Rick. Still wish I could have bought it.

If I listed every canted rib, wrong mag in the box, misdrilled scope mount holes, I'd burn the server up (slight exaggeration )

What can you add? Pictures would be great.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Gun QC Hall of Shame...

My most recent and worst was a Kimber Custom II that came with a broken extractor. It was missing the claw completely, but somehow passed their QC.

(Susquehanna County)

A Rossi Model 720. Cal. .44 Spec. 3" barrel. So unreliable I refuse to sell it even to make room in the safe.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Cambria County)

Bought a S&W AR15-22 for my boy for Christmas. First time he shot it it jammed (spent shell caught and smashed by the bolt in the ejection port).

Cleared, shot again, same. I shot the gun and the same happened,,,over and over. 20 plus shots and almost as many failures to eject. I boxed it up, called Smith&Wesson and sent it back.

Turns out (on the S&W forum) many others are having the same issue with the extractor and ejector spring.

QC??? How could Smith let that happen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by CenterTree View Post
    Bought a S&W AR15-22 for my boy for Christmas. First time he shot it it jammed (spent shell caught and smashed by the bolt in the ejection port).

Cleared, shot again, same. I shot the gun and the same happened,,,over and over. 20 plus shots and almost as many failures to eject. I boxed it up, called Smith&Wesson and sent it back.

Turns out (on the S&W forum) many others are having the same issue with the extractor and ejector spring.

QC??? How could Smith let that happen?

That sucks brother man, mine runs like a well oiled top.

Try this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO76HC9tD4g
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Chester County)

Century built Cetme. Shot 12" left of point of aim with sights fully adjusted to their max. Sent it back to Century. Got it back about 6 weeks later - still shot 12" left. Called them up and complained. Asked them what if anything they did to it. Sent it back again! Got it back and tried it again. Shot 8" left at 50 yards. Needless to say, rifle was sold soon thereafter! I will be really reluctant to buy another Century after that experience.

(York County)

^^^ Agreed.

They say most of the firearms that were built by Century were actually assembled by half trained primates. I had a Century built CETME in .308 that was a single shot rifle from the day I got it out of the box. Fire a round, actuate the bolt, fire a round, actuate the bolt...repeat and repeat.

Biggest turd I've ever owned. Won't buy another firearm with their name on it.

GB
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs down Re: Gun QC Hall of Shame...

Colt Double Eagle. You could drive a Prius through the gap between the frame and the grip on the decocker side. Guess where all nearby debris, dirt, twigs, etc., ALWAYS ended up getting stuck?

There's a REASON they were called, 'Double Turkeys.'

well mine is more a scope issue... I got a .270 rem for Christmas with a bore sited benelli scope. well I went to go sight it in. shoots a few inches to the left... But no matter how much i crank it to go to the right it wont adjust the sight... so i guess its a bad scope
    ΑΣΦ

(Mercer County)

A 2.5 inch Colt Python with the Royal blue finish that I purchased in 1964. When I bought, what turned out to be the biggest POS I ever owned, I was told it was Colt's flagship firearm and the Rolls Royce of US built wheelguns. Damn I am glad I never owned a Rolls or a Flagship!!!

When I picked up the firearm I bought a couple of boxes of .357 Magnum .158 grain ammo to practice with. At the firing range this Colt was knocked out of time before the first box was shot. Sent back to Colt for repairs and after repairs it was back to the range. After about 30 shots it out of time again and another trip to Colt.

I bought a couple more boxes of .357 ammunition while waiting on the Colt to be returned. At the range after it return I was able to get about 85 or so shots it before it was out of time again.

Set to Colt for the fourth and last time for repairs. When it was returned this time I sold the POS and it was the last single/double action Colt I have owned. Colts SAA & 1911 I have and will continue to buy.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast