Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montour County)

Post Beretta 92FS good price

Can anyone tell me if $400 for a never fired Beretta 92FS is a good deal. Comes with everything as new. Someone I know wants to sell it and seems like a good price for being NIB. Thanks advance for the help.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Beretta 92FS good price

Quote Originally Posted by giorgini View Post
    Can anyone tell me if $400 for a never fired Beretta 92FS is a good deal. Comes with everything as new. Someone I know wants to sell it and seems like a good price for being NIB. Thanks advance for the help.
    Thats a great price! I payed $609.00 for mine and my wife payed $549.00 for yours.

(Elk County)

There are a ton of used Beretta 92 pistols on the US market now that were imported from Israel. The going rate in this area for these very worn-looking pistols is $350 to $425 depending on condition. Lots of finish wear and wear to grip panels.

Yes, $400 for NIB is a steal.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Mercer County)

Fantastic price if for sure NIB.

A few years back, you could get NIB M9's for $400 or so at gun shows; I picked up mine NIB for $429 from CDNN, and felt that was a great price four years ago. $400 NIB for a 92FS today; get it if you even think you want it. Do you know if it's an older one with all steel controls/trigger/guide rod, made in Italy, newer one with poly coated steel parts?...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns N'at View Post
    Fantastic price if for sure NIB.

A few years back, you could get NIB M9's for $400 or so at gun shows; I picked up mine NIB for $429 from CDNN, and felt that was a great price four years ago. $400 NIB for a 92FS today; get it if you even think you want it. Do you know if it's an older one with all steel controls/trigger/guide rod, made in Italy, newer one with poly coated steel parts?...
    What "poly-coated steel parts" are you talking about?

Yes, OP, 400 is a GREAT price.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by 625 View Post
    What "poly-coated steel parts" are you talking about?

Talking about the ones used for at least the last 6 years or so on both for the trigger, guide rod, LH safety lever, lanyard/main spring housing, and mag release catch. May run into a Police Special or factory Franken model that has a hodgepodge of above mentioned parts, which may be steel. Also, more recent 92FS pistols have "slanted dust covers", where the M9 does not.

(Montour County)

Thanks for all the quick replies here guys. It was purchase November of last year. Not the made in Italy in one. Has an extra set of grips as well. I was thinking that it was a good deal from the research I was doing on them even though it's not Italian production which seems to bump the price up. Thanks again for all the advice.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by giorgini View Post
    Thanks for all the quick replies here guys. It was purchase November of last year. Not the made in Italy in one. Has an extra set of grips as well. I was thinking that it was a good deal from the research I was doing on them even though it's not Italian production which seems to bump the price up. Thanks again for all the advice.
    Not made in Italy; according to a Beretta USA factory tour, US models actually have/had less documented QC issues than Italian production. I sold both, and both were IMO and experience the equal of each other.

Enjoy your new Beretta!

(Snyder County)

Not made in Italy; according to a Beretta USA factory tour, US models actually have/had less documented QC issues than Italian production. I sold both, and both were IMO and experience the equal of each other.

Enjoy your new Beretta!
    I've heard hearsay that the made in Italy models had better triggers. Any truth to that opinion?

(Montgomery County)

Talking about the ones used for at least the last 6 years or so on both for the trigger, guide rod, LH safety lever, lanyard/main spring housing, and mag release catch. May run into a Police Special or factory Franken model that has a hodgepodge of above mentioned parts, which may be steel. Also, more recent 92FS pistols have "slanted dust covers", where the M9 does not.
    Actually, the guide rod is all polymer and the trigger is mostly polymer. I own one of these models and have no problems with the polymer parts.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast