Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default I created a monster(s)

Last year I bought my fiance her LTCF. She shot my XD40 a few times and started on the search for a carry gun. She decided on a Bersa Thunder CC .380 to start. Since then we have gone to the range several times and she sees how much ammo costs. Well that lead to I want something more like your 9, then to I want something as inexpensive as your 22. A trip to Cabela's and now she has her own 22, Sig Mosquito. We haven't had a range trip yet, partly due to sick kids today and no baby sitter. But, she is already talking about a SW MP9 SC. Win! (for every gun she gets I generally get 2 hassle free).

I bought my daughter a 10/22 for Christmas and she already wants to get a 22 pistol to shoot after shooting my Mark III.

Who is next... Might talk my mom into getting something soon.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: I created a monster(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dregan View Post
    Last year I bought my fiance her LTCF.
    How did you manage to buy her a LTCF?

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chvyrs90 View Post
    Probably meant that he paid for it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chvyrs90 View Post
    Paid for it. critics

(Beaver County)

You've succeeded where I have been failing for years. Not only can I not get my girlfriend to buy a gun, I can't get my mom to either! The GF loves the XD but doesn't like my XD 45 so I found her an XD 9 that would've cost her less than $200 (I was going to pay half of it) and she still wouldn't do it. I have probably a thousand rounds of 9x19 FMJ and maybe another hundred or so of JHP +P ammo too so it's not like she would've even had to buy ammo! I don't know why my Mom won't buy one. At least my Dad and his wife listened to me and bought a shotgun a few months ago. I'm 1/3! In baseball, that's not bad though . . .

Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by dregan View Post
    Last year I bought my fiance her LTCF. She shot my XD40 a few times and started on the search for a carry gun. She decided on a Bersa Thunder CC .380 to start. Since then we have gone to the range several times and she sees how much ammo costs. Well that lead to I want something more like your 9, then to I want something as inexpensive as your 22. A trip to Cabela's and now she has her own 22, Sig Mosquito. We haven't had a range trip yet, partly due to sick kids today and no baby sitter. But, she is already talking about a SW MP9 SC. Win! (for every gun she gets I generally get 2 hassle free).

I bought my daughter a 10/22 for Christmas and she already wants to get a 22 pistol to shoot after shooting my Mark III.

Who is next... Might talk my mom into getting something soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KDE870 View Post
    You've succeeded where I have been failing for years. Not only can I not get my girlfriend to buy a gun, I can't get my mom to either! The GF loves the XD but doesn't like my XD 45 so I found her an XD 9 that would've cost her less than $200 (I was going to pay half of it) and she still wouldn't do it. I have probably a thousand rounds of 9x19 FMJ and maybe another hundred or so of JHP +P ammo too so it's not like she would've even had to buy ammo! I don't know why my Mom won't buy one. At least my Dad and his wife listened to me and bought a shotgun a few months ago. I'm 1/3! In baseball, that's not bad though . . .
    Maybe she's smarter than you think - she's waiting for YOU to buy it for her !