Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Dammit, I just wanna plink!

I get tired of drilling holes in paper with the SGL 3-round rule.
    Any place within 20 minutes of State College that I can (legally and unharassed) throw lead into an old TV set or at least empty soup cans???

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Dammit, I just wanna plink!

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    ... Any place within 20 minutes of State College that I can (legally and unharassed) throw lead into an old TV set or at least empty soup cans???
    I would think there'd be a ton of places you could go blast out that way and not have to worry about it.

Not so I guess? No old strip mines handy in that area?
    Johnnie F.

(Northumberland County)

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I would be interested in such a place in the old forge/scraton area! I have some friends in the area that want me to introduce them to firearms, but I have no idea where to go in the area.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sikth View Post
    I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I would be interested in such a place in the old forge/scraton area! I have some friends in the area that want me to introduce them to firearms, but I have no idea where to go in the area.
    I know of places in harding, been there many times, not one will bother you.

(Northumberland County)

Would it be possible for you to mark the location on a google map for me? I would really appreciate it!

(Monroe County)

since it has already been brought back, I would love to know of a place in the poconos! Stroudsburg and surrounding areas if anyone knows of a place!

(Luzerne County)

its kind of hard to find on there, but if you search harding, pa it will put it dead center, that road the peg is on, keep going until you see this service road for the powerlines, you can go all the way up if you want. If you pass the big transformer or whatever where there are guys working, you went too far, it kind of sneaks up on you.

Once you pull in there is an area to the left that people use for pistols and shot guns mostly, I usually go up the road to shoot my rifles.

If there are people working at the power thingy they won't bother you, don't worry, but at the same time you don't really want them seeing you go in there. Cops may come, if they do, just make sure you're not shooting towards the road, and a cop told me, its not posted no trespassing, so the best the power company can do is ask you to leave, but they never do.

Believe me, this is a well used spot, wait till you see all the spent shot shells, people pick up their brass though.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by redturbo0 View Post
    its kind of hard to find on there, but if you search harding, pa it will put it dead center, that road the peg is on, keep going until you see this service road for the powerlines, you can go all the way up if you want. If you pass the big transformer or whatever where there are guys working, you went too far, it kind of sneaks up on you.

Once you pull in there is an area to the left that people use for pistols and shot guns mostly, I usually go up the road to shoot my rifles.

If there are people working at the power thingy they won't bother you, don't worry, but at the same time you don't really want them seeing you go in there. Cops may come, if they do, just make sure you're not shooting towards the road, and a cop told me, its not posted no trespassing, so the best the power company can do is ask you to leave, but they never do.

Believe me, this is a well used spot, wait till you see all the spent shot shells, people pick up their brass though.
    Thanks a ton! I'll definitely check it out
    (maybe next weekend)

(Lycoming County)

RandomTask:

Do you know anybody with some acreage, especially an area already junked up, that will either let you shoot your plinking material there or allow you to plink at what is already laying around?

Sometimes old farms have the junk area they have used for years to get rid of big objects so they do not have to haul them to the dump.

I have a Brother Printer that I would like to dismantle with assorted calibers, then gather up the pieces and send them to the Brother Corp.
    Not for creating the thing since it worked fine for a while but for charging to tell me how to clear a paper jam when there was not any paper in it.

I thought maybe lay a tarp underneath it to collect the debris.

Maybe somebody you know at work or a relative allow this on their acreage?

If you put a tarp under it would your range allow it?

Just a thought ...

God bless!!

PPP
    I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. - Jesus Christ

(Carbon County)

i just want to find a place to shoot clays without going to a range. seems like places to shoot are starting to thin out in the poconos

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast