Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Delaware Valley Sports Center

lol, wow. too liberal at times ? ok lets take a step back for a second please. which of the following type of establishment is this which some are complaining about..is it A- a church in which people go to show praise and reflect upon themselves in hope for redemption. is it B- a law office in which clientle are wearing 1000$ suits and dealing with expensive litegation ? or is it C- a frickin gun shop/ range in which normal everyday working class citizens come to browse and shoot ? hmmm i feel i will lean towards C for my answer. this is an establishment which does not require a dress code, a doctrine of certification, or a voters registration. it is a gun shop....when is the last time you saw a sign saying " please refrain from voicing your comments, feelings, or any other liberty in which of militery fights everyday for ? not here.. maybe in other countries but again not here. the jokes and comments maybe even language ? well lets see this is not a place for children so no need to worry bout that, and theres an age requirment so no need to to worry bout that, and there are few woman which frequent ranges so that settles that. better yet, there is a lovely female whom recently started working there and helping out so again rules out that. as far as the comment about uncomfortable around certain ethnicities, is this as in color or nationality ? i have never seen a difference in the treatment of customers there dependant upon either of them. matter of fact this past saturday i was walking up to the door and 2 black males whom i have seen mulitple times inside and spoke with often, were exiting the store i asked" is it real crowded or ?" and their response to me was " a little but i needed to talk ot dwayne about a gun i was looking into buying" wow but hes nervous or whatever you wanna say right ? what about the large number of russian decent who are members and regularly frequent this range ? there is even a large chinese family in which i have seen there multiple times..which of these is the ethnic issue you speak of ? what about the spanish instructor who uses the room and range on weekends, shit hope nobody tells him about this. seriously wtf ? the problem with forum posting is you never get a chance to really see things for yourself and alot of it is " he say, she say" so unless you are there and video these " supposed" issues please remain quiet. not everything in this world is peachy keen, and the diversity of the individual is what makes this america where we can say whatever where ever we want. so come to dvsc get service, get jokes, get a working class style enviorment. if you wish to be pampered, prayed upon, or legal advice given go elsewhere. and funny i was there and saw the multiple customers in which patronized dvsc today. i laughed, i shot, i shook hands and left. just like the rest of you. enjoy your evening. hopefully i can go up there tommorrow and not need a suit, bible, muzzle or signed letter of conscent from the president.

(Montgomery County)

just a reminder, you "new members" here defending the shop in question... read our forum rules before you post again.

personal attacks on other users will not be tolerated, as shown.

keep it civil.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Philadelphia County)

Jay, sry if that was directed towards my posts. I thought what I wrote had been mostly in general, not an "attack" on any 1 individual. If viewed that way then I apologize and if needed please remove "said" posts

(Monroe County)

I'm afraid Dwayne is right, a safety infraction/range damage should have been reported right away to him, you could have potentially saved a life based on the safety violations you mentioned, you should speak up right there and then, it only takes a second to have an accident, and you could have been the victim.

As for the lack of heat you should have said something to Dwayne, he would have explained that the heaters were broken that day but would have been repaired or replaced soon or something like that, all it takes is a little communication.
    God knows us in the Gun "culture" have enough critics already, we need to communicate more with each other.

whiteinphilly,

I have to agree with you. I've seen a variety of shooters there and never seen either of the two (what I believe to be the owners) owners are nothing but friendly with them. I've seen one of the more vocal owners quickly correct an asian man who was had issues with a jamming pistol and was flashing the muzzle in directions that were not down range. The whole time the owner was very friendly, corrected the man, then inspected and cleaned the pistol out so he could continue shooting. The whole time, I never felt that there was any underlying issue or tension between the owner and the shooter.

The "vocal" owner is just one of those guys that can easily be taken the wrong way because he's blunt with what he says. Maybe that's not the best practice, but then again maybe some people are just a bit too sensitive.

I'm there at least once a week lately and will continue to go there. I see shooters from a variety of backgrounds returning which is a strong indication that they must be comfortable with the owners.
    "If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

(Philadelphia County)

Hey new to shooting at ranges here. Fast question, when i asked about using your own ammo they said as long as its fragmentable its ok. Im assuming no hollow points but what about bulk FMJ rounds? Does that count?

(Montgomery County)

hp's are ok at the range, and your own ammo is fine so long as it is not armor piercing, incendiary, etc, but FMJ is fine. What Tony doesn't allow is FMJ rifle ammo. He sells frangible .223 and 7.62x39 but that's it for rifle ammo which you can shoot there. A few things have changed in the range recently. Shotgun has been limited to members only so as to limit the stupid shooters who shoot the ceiling. They can only be fired from the center lanes so no one shoots the walls. Regarding Dwayne...He and Tony had a falling out and he is no longer an employee there. The help behind the counter is more than friendly and knowledgeable, assuming you are not disrespecting anyone there. Be respectful and you get it in return just like anywhere else. I love it there, frequently stay and help out if they need it. It is def. different there than it used to be and Tony has begun some upgrades to make the range more safe and shooter friendly. Check it out you might be surprised.

(Montgomery County)

It seems like most people need to check out DVSC again now that it has changed. The owner tony is consistently getting more great firearms in and making improvements to the range. He managed to get my sig enhanced elite p229 in less then a week from a sig dealer (originally going to take over a month) I love being a member at DVSC they really take care of their customers and I will not shoot anywhere else.

(Bucks County)

Are the litter boxes still there?

Have you been to other establishments?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Are the litter boxes still there?

Have you been to other establishments?
    As stated above, new ownership. The slob with the cats has been gone for about 2 years now.

I've been to just about every establishment within a 2 hour drive of Philly. While still a smaller shop, they have good deals, and are good people to deal with.

I think you need to go back and check it out.
    - May the forCZe be with you.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast