Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Thumbs down Just cancelled my optics planet order...

So I thought I would vent.

I tried purchasing a set of Hogue Lamo Camo grips for my Ruger Mark III Target through them. They had the best price and free shipping.

I made my order on the 26th of November knowing full well that, while their site wouldn't mention it, the item was most likely out of stock. This happened to me when I purchased a set of hogue conversion grips for my Smith and Wesson 617.

Sure enough, the next day I received an email telling me the item was out of stock. Like the last time I went through this, I waited about a month before emailing and asking what was up. Last time this happened (yes this is the second time) immediately after my email, all of the sudden the item was in stock and ready to ship. I find that to be an unlikely coincidence.

This time I was given another date to expect the item to be in stock; January 6th. It is now the 16th and the status hasn't changed so I have changed my mind about ordering from them.

At no point had they contacted me other than the initial email saying the item was out of stock and expected to be back in stock 7-10 business days from then. This order has taken so long, my credit card has since changed.

I will probably not order the hogue grips again and will just go with something cheaper for now but I am annoyed that Optics Planet (and other retailers) will post stuff for sale on their website that they don't have and cannot get in a timely manner.

They don't tell you said items are out of stock until you have your order placed. Then they give you some overly optimistic time line which can't be fulfilled for when the parts are in.

At least sites like Midway will tell you when an item is out of stock or has a special lead time...even if their prices are a bit higher. Plus their site is navigable.

-Zach

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Just cancelled my optics planet order...

I ordered a scope mount for my Buckmark from them. Packing was overdone and then the spaming began. Every couple of days to a week at most. Also bugged for a buy review. It's a hunk of metal. It took 3 do not send me more emails to get them to stop, then was told I will get a email confirming then they have stopped sending me email.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

I have always had this happen with optic planet. I have tried it 3 times, and each time stuff is on back order and I had to cancel. I will not be ordering form there again.
    "

(Philadelphia County)

HMMMMM, points to ponder when I decide to order a Kowa spotting scope. Thanks for the information about Optics Planet, guys.

(York County)

I ordered a holster from them, waited 2 weeks, then canceled. Ordered the same holster from an eBay seller and had it in my hands 2 days later.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Clinton County)

I order a Crimson Trace from them, and they didn't have it. Told me it would ship in a week. Waited 3 weeks then had to dispute the charge on my credit card

(Allegheny County)

Is it too soon to say that "I am seeing a pattern here"?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Monroe County)

The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lebanon County)

in any of my online ordering, for anything, be it firearms stuff, cruiser parts or flyfishing/tying stuff, i have companies i have been dealing with for many years. i look at other vendors pricing, but always deal with those i have dealt with in the past. in the long run it evens out in my favor, yeah sometimes i pay and some times less. however i get to deal with outfits i know and trust.
    the few dollars sometimes saved can get cancaled out pretty quickly when you get jerked around.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Monroe County)

When I am looking at sites to order from and find a price that I like, I first google reviews on that site to see if it's worth the headache. I saw so many bad reviews about that particular site that I didn't even bother ever ordering from there. This only confirms my decision.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast