Watch me revive my own thread from the grave.

I stupidly like making the same mistakes. I wanted a scope that optics planet had in stock and had a reasonable price on. The in stock was the big thing because it is a discontinued optic.

I ordered it, 2 scope covers (because why would Burris include something like that?), and a demo Warne scope mount.

All items claimed to be in stock. Not low stock.

I place my order and a few hours go by and i get a processing email with the scope and one of the covers being picked (so a win for the scope), but the other cover and the mount are out of stock with a month or longer lead time.

I guess I'll be waiting or if their customer service will ever call me, exchanging the items for items that are actually in stock. You can't call them because of the pandemic and civil unrest. Midway wasn't taking calls either. But at least they had a live chat.

How do businesses run with such deceptive and inaccurate inventory?

Fool me once, shame on you...Yeah yeah. To be fair, between now and when i made the original post, i purchased a Galco holster that only they had and it was actually in stock and shipped promptly. I thought maybe they had changed. Apparently not.

-Zach