Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Just cancelled my optics planet order...

Watch me revive my own thread from the grave.

I stupidly like making the same mistakes. I wanted a scope that optics planet had in stock and had a reasonable price on. The in stock was the big thing because it is a discontinued optic.

I ordered it, 2 scope covers (because why would Burris include something like that?), and a demo Warne scope mount.

All items claimed to be in stock. Not low stock.

I place my order and a few hours go by and i get a processing email with the scope and one of the covers being picked (so a win for the scope), but the other cover and the mount are out of stock with a month or longer lead time.

I guess I'll be waiting or if their customer service will ever call me, exchanging the items for items that are actually in stock. You can't call them because of the pandemic and civil unrest. Midway wasn't taking calls either. But at least they had a live chat.

How do businesses run with such deceptive and inaccurate inventory?

Fool me once, shame on you...Yeah yeah. To be fair, between now and when i made the original post, i purchased a Galco holster that only they had and it was actually in stock and shipped promptly. I thought maybe they had changed. Apparently not.

-Zach

(Allegheny County)

Typical optics planet. I seriously think the whole company is just one dude in a home office that just drops ships everything.

(Westmoreland County)

I ordered a weapon light (Streamlight HL-X), a five section picatinny rail section for MLOK, and a Magpul vertical foregrip on July 3. None of the items were listed as out of stock or backordered.

I then received a notification that the foregrip was on backorder. They offered to let me have the available items shipped, possibly at an extra charge. I decided to just wait.

On July 7, I received an email indicating that my light and rail section had shipped. Today I received a padded envelope that contains ... the 5 section picatinny rail. I emailed the seller and got a response that includes the following: "We are currently unable to answer your phone calls in a timely manner and are not responding to voicemails and chats. If you need customer service, please contact us via our contact form."

So, they aren't shipping the items they say they are shipping and also are not going to respond to phone calls and chat requests. They don't have the correct stock status on their website, either. I won't make this mistake again.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fastsrfr View Post
    I ordered a weapon light (Streamlight HL-X), a five section picatinny rail section for MLOK, and a Magpul vertical foregrip on July 3. None of the items were listed as out of stock or backordered.

I then received a notification that the foregrip was on backorder. They offered to let me have the available items shipped, possibly at an extra charge. I decided to just wait.

On July 7, I received an email indicating that my light and rail section had shipped. Today I received a padded envelope that contains ... the 5 section picatinny rail. I emailed the seller and got a response that includes the following: "We are currently unable to answer your phone calls in a timely manner and are not responding to voicemails and chats. If you need customer service, please contact us via our contact form."

So, they aren't shipping the items they say they are shipping and also are not going to respond to phone calls and chat requests. They don't have the correct stock status on their website, either. I won't make this mistake again.
    This was my exact experience. Took days to resolve. I cancelled the mount and cover and ordered them from Midway. I hate that Midway uses UPS, but the inventory is always correct. Midway has some quirks too.

-Zach

Yeah same experience with Optics Planet. I ordered a hunting coat from them in January, said it would ship in 15-20 days. I received it in April hahaha. Never ordering anything from there again. The only reason I went through them was that the sale price was $140 less than most other retailers. For that kind of money I don't mind waiting a while, not to mention hunting season was over so I didn't really need it right away. Never again though

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    This was my exact experience. Took days to resolve. I cancelled the mount and cover and ordered them from Midway. I hate that Midway uses UPS, but the inventory is always correct. Midway has some quirks too.

-Zach
    Ordered a charging handle from Midway late June.. got a shipped notice on June 28. It still hasn't arrived and it's July 13...

Some places might be cheap, but their customer service skills are severely lacking.
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by djeuch View Post
    Ordered a charging handle from Midway late June.. got a shipped notice on June 28. It still hasn't arrived and it's July 13...

Some places might be cheap, but their customer service skills are severely lacking.
    Not to deviate too far from optics planet, but my experience with Midway is that THEY ship fast, but UPS is very slow. And they don't handle packages gently. I received a scope recently and took pictures of the box before i even opened it just in case.

One quirk about Midway is that you can't add items to your order once it is placed and before it is shipped. I suspect it is because they ship so quickly. They would instead have you cancel the entire order and then redo it with the additional items.

-Zach

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456