Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Just cancelled my optics planet order...

2 orders none of the items in stock "just ran out" standard excuse. Promised in 5 - 10 days didn't happen. If you want to wait three weeks they may suit your needs. Never order from them again

(Delaware County)

Thumbs up Optics Planet.... GOOD!

I still stand by an earlier post that Optics Planet is a good site to get stuff.

They don't warehouse items like Midway, but they can get it to you as fast as anybody else that doesn't have it on the shelf.

Example: I needed a new holster for a S&W 627. I like Galco's Dual Position Phoenix holsters. Galco doesn't have it avail. till mid April. I called Optics Planet's cust. service, which is always very good. Their folks are very knowledgeable and helpful. Optics Planet can ship the same time as Galco, so it's coming from Galco.

I'm getting it over $30.00 cheaper and free shipping.

Another plus, if you get an item from O.P., after the sale you get a request to review the item, and when you do, O.P. gives you a coupon code for 10% off your next purchase within 30 days. I had one of those, but it had expired.

That is where their cust. service is great. When I placed the order, I asked the woman at cust. service if I can still use my 10% off coupon, and she said yes.
    Cool! They didn't have to do that, but hey 10% is 10%.

I like Optics Planet. Unless you need something immediately, but even if I needed this holster immediately, nobody had one in stock. (Right Hand), might as well get it from a place that gives you a good price, free shipping and 10% off coupons to knock the price down further.

(Philadelphia County)

Ordered a maxpedition bag from them on Tuesday, got it in yesterday. I called them first to check availability and the sales guy was really helpful.

(Philadelphia County)

i just did another order recently. about 4/5 items were not in stock. i told them in an email to cancel and to have a feature that tells people its out of stock so you dont waste any bodies time.

(Allegheny County)

Never had a problem with them. Very easy to deal with.

(Northampton County)

They've been doing this shit for 10 years, and I'm speaking from personal experience.

It's 2011. The only reason they don't let you know they can't get an item is because that's the way they like it. Much smaller shops and resellers solved these problems years ago.

(Lancaster County)

In an effort to not begin a new thread I'm bringing this one back to life. I just ordered a new scope or thought I did at least. Then I get this

Thank you again for your purchase. We're processing your order and have an update for you.* The expected availability for certain items is listed below*:
    ================================================== =============
    Minox ZV 3 4.5-14x44 SF w/ BDC 400 Reticle, Black 66026* $279.00 - Estimated to ship within 1-3 months
    ================================================== =============
    We are working hard to have your complete order shipped as soon as possible and if we can ship sooner, we absolutely will. We will not capture any funds from your credit card until your order can be shipped. Upon shipment, you will automatically be notified with tracking information.* * *

If your order is urgent, we offer thousands of products that are in stock and ready to ship. Please take a look at the Minox ZV 3 4.5-14x44 SF w/ Mino-Plex Reticle located at http://www.opticsplanet.com/minox-zv...flesope.html.* This product is in stock and ready to ship right now. If you would like, we will change your order immediately and ship it out right away.

You can also browse the OUT THE DOOR IN 24 page here, http://www.opticsplanet.com/fast-ship.html, or contact us directly and one of our knowledgeable product experts will be happy to assist you.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,

OpticsPlanet.com Order Processing Team
    Sales@OpticsPlanet.com
    http://www.OpticsPlanet.com
    Phone:* ***(847) 513-6201
    Toll-Free: (800) 504-5897
    Fax:* * ***(847) 919-3003

*Please note: We will always try to provide the fastest service possible, but please understand that the stated availability is only an estimate and not a guarantee. It may take longer than we estimate to ship this item. If you ordered expedited shipping, it will automatically be changed to Value Shipping due to the delay. For qualifying orders over $29.95 this option will be free. All other orders will be charged competitive shipping rates. International orders may experience additional delays. Please contact us if you still wish to have this order shipped using an expedited shipping method. If we cannot ship order items individually, shipment will be held until all order items have been aggregated in our warehouse.

***** Now if I had wanted the other scope which was less I would have ordered that instead, I cancelled the order not worth the wait I would sooner pay a little more to have it when I wanted it so I can't say anything good about them because other than a website that's not kept current and the fact that I am now looking once again for my scope. So my advice is go with a company that is well known. I was wary but took a chance my bad.

(Lawrence County)

HK, check these guys out, http://www.fedtacticaldirect.com/ They don't have the exact scope you want but you may find something comparable. They have some of the best prices on the internet on optics and are really good to deal with. Someone turned me onto their site a year or so ago and it's the first place I look for optics now.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    HK, check these guys out, http://www.fedtacticaldirect.com/ They don't have the exact scope you want but you may find something comparable. They have some of the best prices on the internet on optics and are really good to deal with. Someone turned me onto their site a year or so ago and it's the first place I look for optics now.
    Actually they do and your right the prices are solid thanks for the heads up. I might upgrade to one of the better minox HD models at those prices. They just got a permanent bookmark.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Actually they do and your right the prices are solid thanks for the heads up. I might upgrade to one of the better minox HD models at those prices. They just got a permanent bookmark.
    Glad you liked the site. I could never figure out why nobody ever talks about them, someone turned me onto them when I was looking for a scope a year or so ago but I've never seen them mentioned before or since. They are no fly by night company, I checked them out on reseller ratings before I used them and they have hundreds of reviews and a 9 out of 10 score. I should probably start a thread and shoot them some business, they saved me almost 30% on the scope I bought. Their shipping is a little high but I've still saved money the few times I've used them and what they showed as in stock actually was in stock unlike optics planet.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast