Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Just cancelled my optics planet order...

only order was a pistol light. it came within days. i would do business with them again

I was about to place an $80 order with them until I read this thread. Glad a found it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieTom View Post
    I was about to place an $80 order with them until I read this thread. Glad a found it.
    Not sure what you were going to order, but maybe you should call to confirm before you go else where. There seems more postive then negative here.
    <a href=http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg target=_blank>http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg</a>

(Beaver County)

Optics planet sucks ass. I did the same thing, place an order and get the 'it's out of stock' email. I did order an Aimtech Warhammer from them last month but I emailed first to make sure it was in stock. The Warhammer was $82 on there and $100 plus shipping on cheaper than dirt so I thought I'd give them another shot. Wasn't impressed with their shipping and I wound up paying for it anyway because I chose USPS over UPS. I won't order from them again.

(Delaware County)

I've ordered a couple of belts in one order and a holster in a second. Both were delivered on time as promised. They also accepted a return with no hassle whatsoever on the holster when it wasn't what I hoped it would be.

Lowest possible cost comes at price and that price is often customer service.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    I've ordered a couple of belts in one order and a holster in a second. Both were delivered on time as promised. They also accepted a return with no hassle whatsoever on the holster when it wasn't what I hoped it would be.

Lowest possible cost comes at price and that price is often customer service.
    But you said the service was good and a return with no hassle whatsoever? Apparently the price isn't customer service.

I replied to an "item shipped" email after I had my item the day after ordered to thank them for great service. I got a long personal reply thanking me for the comments. They have Live chat online, telephone, voicemail and people actually call you back. I love Opticsplanet.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by KINGOWOOD View Post
    But you said the service was good and a return with no hassle whatsoever? Apparently the price isn't customer service.

I replied to an "item shipped" email after I had my item the day after ordered to thank them for great service. I got a long personal reply thanking me for the comments. They have Live chat online, telephone, voicemail and people actually call you back. I love Opticsplanet.
    MY customer service was good. Others are reporting a different experience. I don't doubt that their reports are accurate. That would make Optic Planet's customer service inconsistent. A condition often found with lowest cost vendors.

(Delaware County)

Thumbs up Optics Planet Ain't So Bad...

What I have found with Optics Planet...

Their prices are usually very good. Most of the time, you will get free shipping, only because nearly anything you want is over $49.00...

They don't have the warehouse full of all of their advertised products, like Midway does.

If you can stand to wait for your stuff, order from them and wait for it to come in and enjoy the price you got it at.

If you need something right away, get it where it is in stock and pay the difference.

Optics Planet cust. service is top notch. Buy from them, and after the sale type up a review of the product you bought and you get a 10% discount off your next purchase over $49.

I get alot of stuff from them, at a good discount, but usually I have to wait till they can get it, but the item is 9 times out of 10 not available to ship from any other retailer, so might as well wait for it from O.P. and be gettin' it cheaper.

As far as Hogue goes, I have had nothing but problems with them any time I need an "exotic" wood monogrip. They have nothing in stock and the wait time is crazy long. They have sent me emails saying that the order is set to ship, then nothing happens for weeks, and when you call Hogue directley, you get a phone-tag run around.

On my last two exotic wood monogrip orders from Hogue, I had to be a major PITA with their,(Hogue's) cust. service through emails and phone calls asking what the hold up is with my order. I think they finally pushed my stuff through just so I would stop calling.

Back to Optics Planet, I like buying from them, good prices, free shipping, excellent cust. service, but I guesss the key word is patience with them.
    If it is a popular item, most likely it won't be in stock, but they WILL get it to you as fast as they can get it.

I give Optics Planet the thumbs up even with the issues with availability.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Optics Planet Ain't So Bad...

Man how did I miss all these posts? I've purchased from them twice in the past both times for Crimson Trace lasers for Glocks, they had the best price and free shipping. I got my items both times within a week, never any emails about the item being out of stock. Maybe I got lucky?

(Allegheny County)

I'll be ordering agian next week on a sight. I'll tell you how it went.
    <a href=http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg target=_blank>http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg</a>

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast