Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Thoughts on Lebanon Gun show

Hey guys, how did you make out at the show? I was there at 9am on saturday and it got really full. I was unimpressed with the prices this year. I was looking for a 9mm XD, sig or Glock and couldn't find anything under 550. I finally found a 9mm XD for 370.

I was also trying to sell my Mac-11 and got no interest. I have always been able to move guns the past 3 years, but this year was rough. I got no interest from dealers and visitors.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Thoughts on Lebanon Gun show

I was there this morning and within 10 minutes or so I picked up a Vector arms Uzi. That made my day

Brad

(Lancaster County)

Stopped in Sunday morning looking for a Springfield 1911. Ended up buying a new 9109LP for below what I was finding them online. Wanted an OD loaded but I have yet to see one for sale. FIL bought a sling for his AR. I thought it was a decent show. More then one dealer said how people were doing more browsing than buying though.

Had fun at the range this afternoon.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
    I was there this morning and within 10 minutes or so I picked up a Vector arms Uzi. That made my day

Brad
    so you joined the pistol caliber carbine club?
    while an uzi is cool, it is just a stamped deal, but it is steel, and therfor cooler than plastic and aluminum, but not as cool as milled steel and walnut.
    you did'nt mention a caliber, that could raise the cool points quite a bit.
    would have liked to gone, but this working almost every day(had the 2nd off) this month so far thing is starting to be a hassle.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Lebanon County)

I am sort of bummed that I only had one person ask to see me for sale Mac-11 at the show. Last year i sold a Makarov within 30 minutes. When I post the Mac-11 on the forums I have all kinds of people asking about it and coming to see it. (all lookers and no buyers).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thought it was a good show, the prices were high, probably due to the NRA propogated paranoia over the AZ shooting that they'll use to line their pockets more

picked up a few things I needed, saw lots I would have liked to buy like a SVT-40 but prices were to high for me

Noticed lots of Mausers and Finn Nagants this time... April is coming
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    Thought it was a good show, the prices were high, probably due to the NRA propogated paranoia over the AZ shooting that they'll use to line their pockets more

And where did you get that from? Seriously, what has the NRA done to propogate paranoia in the wake of the AZ shootings? I am interested in where that statement from you is based.

(Lebanon County)

I had a good time at the show and even finished up a couple of AR projects. There were some good prices out there, but there were so many buyers they didn't last long.

Here are a couple of my scores. Took 2 visits to hunt them down and some haggling, but I ended up feeling as though it was well worth it.

A couple of lowers for $80.00 each (Spikes)
    A lower parts kit for $55 (Bushmaster)
    Magpul M2 slings (2) for $35.00 each
    A couple of FREE detent springs
    Grippod for $50 new (Not a knock off)
    Magpul BAD levers x2 for $25.00 each
    Spikes ST12 buffer for $25.00
    Charging handle w/ BADGR extended handle for $40.00
    Magpul ASAP sling mount $20.00
    AR15 multi tool $22.00 (DPMS)
    Set of A.R.M.S BUIS 71L for $65 (New)
    Magpul MIAD pistol grip $20.00
    Ergo Pistol grip $20.00

Goodie,

Did you score that XD at the back right of the smaller room from Nate? Just my thoughts as far as MAC-11's go, there isn't a strong market because you can buy them new for a fairly low cost, and they are not very practical. I have one, but no real interest in selling it nor buying another.

(Lebanon County)

Frosty, I did get my pistol from the back corner - Lancoarms I believe was the name of the company. They had some nice items and great prices. I should of picked up a BAD lever from them too. I asked them to throw in a free t-shirt and he did! Nice guys. It seemed like they were kicking butt.

I got the MAC pretty cheap like 8 years ago and I want to sell it to buy a sub compact carry piece. I wanted a sub-compact piece at the gun show, but when I saw the price and condition of the XD9 I had to have it.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Goodie View Post
    Frosty, I did get my pistol from the back corner - Lancoarms I believe was the name of the company. They had some nice items and great prices. I should of picked up a BAD lever from them too. I asked them to throw in a free t-shirt and he did! Nice guys. It seemed like they were kicking butt.

I got the MAC pretty cheap like 8 years ago and I want to sell it to buy a sub compact carry piece. I wanted a sub-compact piece at the gun show, but when I saw the price and condition of the XD9 I had to have it.
    I was standing next to you when you were dealing with Nate. Glad he hooked you up. They had some higher prices on their items but they were able to move a little bit on pricing. Nate doesn't have an official store front and doesn't buy in huge bulk. Damn nice guys, and they work hard for the business.

PS> If you didn't score the XD, I more than likely would have picked it up myself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast