Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default PGH Group AR Build

Hey guys,

I've talked a lot about building an AR and it seems like a lot of other guys in the area are interested as well (EmptyMag and XD45 fo'sho). I'm not sure of the status of those builds but I am curious if anyone is interested in collaborating together on ordering the parts necessary and then building them together (at PMSC maybe? somewhere else?).

I'm not trying to set anything in stone at this point, just want to gauge interest in this. I won't be able to buy everything this month (need to stock ammo, too) but maybe over the next 2-3 months and then get together for a build session. We might be able to coerce one of the resident gurus to help us out and we cover their gas, food and drink (or adequately compensate them for their time and expertise).

Thoughts?

EDIT: Use the Bushmaster Anatomy for a reference or this clickable schematic from Midway USA
    Last edited by D-FENS; December 17th, 2007 at 04:32 PM.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

Default Re: PGH Group AR Build

I already ordered all of my parts, but RRA does say it could take 4-8wks I'm hoping that not the case but you never know. But it may fall right in timewise with my second build, considering the first one goes well! I'm going to see the gunfu master tomorrow so hopefully I will pick up a thing or two

(Allegheny County)

I'm considering it right now, and yes, it's a good idea as we will have a number of first time builders (myself included)

Now if I do this lower I'll have to do it almost "one part a month" or at least take my time building my parts list, so the build party might have me there for moral support and knowledge building more than anything.

But it's a heck of an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smith View Post
    I'm considering it right now, and yes, it's a good idea as we will have a number of first time builders (myself included)

Now if I do this lower I'll have to do it almost "one part a month" or at least take my time building my parts list, so the build party might have me there for moral support and knowledge building more than anything.

But it's a heck of an idea.
    say you get a poofa lower, the lower parts kit is only about $50-$70 for a standard trigger from stag or RRA.. you could do that with the group, then when you get money for the upper you just clip that on.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    say you get a poofa lower, the lower parts kit is only about $50-$70 for a standard trigger from stag or RRA.. you could do that with the group, then when you get money for the upper you just clip that on.
    Standard kit, true. But if I'm going to do it I'm going to go for the RRA 2 stage trigger. that also is about $110 more so it might take a while.

Standard kit, true. But if I'm going to do it I'm going to go for the RRA 2 stage trigger. that also is about $110 more so it might take a while.
    hopefully the will have the RRA kit Lucas and I ordered for a good price when you start looking, that was a steal and they come with that 2-stage trigger

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    hopefully the will have the RRA kit Lucas and I ordered for a good price when you start looking, that was a steal and they come with that 2-stage trigger
    Where did you get them? I want to keep my eye on it and start building a parts and price list. (Now I have to decide what I want)

Where did you get them? I want to keep my eye on it and start building a parts and price list. (Now I have to decide what I want)
    rockriverarms.com, direct link is http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-de...TOKEN=58791119.

I figured it would be cheaper to buy it all seperate but I wanted to stick with stag or RRA and I couldn't beat that price. he got the non chrome for I think $574, I got the chromed barrel for $612, that includes everything but the lower, and you get their 2 stage trigger.

(Lawrence County)

I'll help out and you guys are welcome to my punches and action block/vise for full builds. I'd host the party if you make the drive, but just expect beer....no fondue. sorry.

LycanAR'sbeatthehelloutoftupperwarethrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Allegheny County)

Oooh!
    Just what I needed. Another AR build thread to try and follow!

JK!

Works for me... Don't know when I'll be getting any parts yet. Still need to post my Hi-Point carbine for sale... need some extra cash before ordering the expensive stuff.

Once we see where this group buy on PAFOA lowers is going, I can definitely order that.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... LastLast