Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: PGH Group AR Build

I know a guy in Monaca that sells parts for AR'a and also part kits. If any one is interested in his info PM me. I'll also try to get him to sign up on here and post his info.

By the way...top of page...you're all my bitches!
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Allegheny County)

I hate to do it, but I might even put up my two P32's and the Mosin M44 to help offset the cost. I don't shoot much of either so I might as well move some stuff around.

For a split second I almost thought about the SKS, then I slapped myself silly.

(Allegheny County)

Hey guys,
    I'm curious as to your choice to go to a 2 stage trigger, are you planning on competing? There are simple (anyone can do it) trigger "mods" that will cost you nothing if you are interested in decreasing the pull and creep and improving the break of the stock AR trigger.

Hawk,
    Toujours prêt

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'm curious as to your choice to go to a 2 stage trigger, are you planning on competing? There are simple (anyone can do it) trigger "mods" that will cost you nothing if you are interested in decreasing the pull and creep and improving the break of the stock AR trigger.

Hawk,
    In my experience, the 15 minute trigger job can get most stock AR triggers down to about 3-4lbs, but it's still not going to be as crisp as a good RRA 2 stage. I have Jewells on two of mine, but for $100 less, the RRA is hardly half as good. I usually add in my trick triggers later so I have stock parts for back ups......or new builds.

I'll bringing one of each to the next shoot if anyone wants to trip my triggers (sorry, couldn't resist).

I think a good trigger and a red dot helps people shoot better than rails, grips and other stuff that looks cool.

Lycanitsjustamatteroftastethrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Hey guys,

Hawk,
    I had originally thought about getting one, but then decided I didn't really need it. But the kit I ordered it comes standard with so i'm not gonna tell them not to send it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    I had originally thought about getting one, but then decided I didn't really need it. But the kit I ordered it comes standard with so i'm not gonna tell them not to send it.
    If only they had that instant rebate on the lower parts kit.

So to everyone: Is the 2 stage worth $110? I really really want it, but am still trying to keep the costs down if I can.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smith View Post

So to everyone: Is the 2 stage worth $110? I really really want it, but am still trying to keep the costs down if I can.
    I think it is, but maybe you should shoot my standard first. Remember....we can change anything about the gun later. Just get the gun.

Lycanvoiceofreasonthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    I think it is, but maybe you should shoot my standard first. Remember....we can change anything about the gun later. Just get the gun.

Lycanvoiceofreasonthrope
    Hey Lycan, I will take the offer to trip your trigger! (Did I just say that?)

I am in the same boat. I hear a lot about 2-stage triggers, but have yet to actually try it. If the difference is significant, it may be worth the extra cash to me. I assume the differences can be felt just by dry firing, correct?

Like others have said, depending on how this PAFOA lower group buy pans out, I may buy that and the other parts later. The Upper would most definitely take a couple months of saving "gun" money.

That being said, is there any advantage in buying the upper in pieces vice assembled?

(Cambria County)

If the PAFOA lower deal works out, I would be in line with this. Otherwise, I might just have to build my own anyway just to say I have one.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by stevieb92 View Post
    Hey Lycan, I will take the offer to trip your trigger! (Did I just say that?)

I am in the same boat. I hear a lot about 2-stage triggers, but have yet to actually try it. If the difference is significant, it may be worth the extra cash to me. I assume the differences can be felt just by dry firing, correct?

Like others have said, depending on how this PAFOA lower group buy pans out, I may buy that and the other parts later. The Upper would most definitely take a couple months of saving "gun" money.

That being said, is there any advantage in buying the upper in pieces vice assembled?
    stevieb92,
    As I understand it, even a "kit" is not assembled.
    It's just all the parts needed to build an AR except for the lower.

I had thought that a kit was already assembled, but I don't think that's the case. You still need to "build" it.

A TOTAL build would be when you buy each piece and you can pick EXACTLY what parts you want. For example: you may want parts reom several different manufacturers.

(Although the Del-Ton kits DO offer some options when choosing a kit)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

ETA: See, now that I want an AR, even NineseveN want's to be like me!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast