Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default interesting story !! Mississippi

Hello everyone,

about 4 months ago after shooting a few clips from my Walther p22 with Gem II can I stopped at a family restaurant in my small home town. When we went to leave I noticed my passenger side window busted out and when I looked under my back seat my piston and can were gone. someone stole it among other things in my truck....My biggest fear was this pistol was going to be used in a horrible crime. I live in a small town in central Mississippi and know most of the sheriff department. I immediately reported the crime and items missing. The sheriff's department were unsure of how to enter the suppressor into the national stolen weapon database....this should tell you how rare a suppressor is in my town. About two months ago the sheriff's department were tipped off of a crime about to happen. Two guys were about to commit armed robbery of a card game at a known place to host such events....illegal game of course....long story short the two guys were caught and are now awaiting trial for several crimes they are going to get about 30 years from what i hear....small town-no tolerance Mississippi justice.... Anyway I got the gun back yesterday and the sheriff department told me the two guys said they could not get the gun to shoot it kept jamming. The reason is because the sleeve that goes over the barrel to keep it in place was missing. someone tried to remove the outback II and I assume the thread adapter stuck to the can and the barrel sleeve fell out so when you pull back the slide the barrel will slide with it.

good news is the guys are in jail and I have the gun back and its nearly in mint condition just needs a good cleaning.

QUESTION: Does anyone know where i can purchase a barrel sleeve? I have the 3" model?

(Cambria County)

Default Re: interesting story !! Mississippi

First I have no clue where to find a sleave.....but I will send you a huge congrats on getting back your gun!!!!! That has always been a huge fear of mine. I take my gun ownership very seriously and the thought of a bad guy using one of my guns for criminal purposes would create a lot of issues for me. Thank goodness you got it back and they were arrested!
    These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Thomas Paine 1776

Call Walther America (actually Smith & Wesson, who is the importer of Walther). They're very good to help on issues with the Walther pistols. You can contact them at 1-800-372-6454. Their hours are 8am-8pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. They'll be able to sell you one, or might send you one for free, you never know. Glad you got your firearm back. Oh and be careful using "clip" around here, you can get flamed real good for that one.

Wow that is one hellofa story. Good luck with that part, I cannot be much help.

the same thing happened to my pistol last year. for the life of me i couldnt figure out why this thing wouldnt shoot right, after several months it dawned on me, lm missing the sleeve
    i called s/w and told them they must of forgot to install one during assembly, sooooooo, they sent me a new one. FOR FREE

three months later i found the original
    FJB