• G30

8 17.78%
  • G19

37 82.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Centre County)

Default Re: which Glock to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by biggs88 View Post
    I too carry a Glock 23. Since the 19 is the same size, I vote for that one. It's a great size to carry.

Check out the 23!!
    G23 + 9mm Conversion Barrel + 9mm mags = 2 guns (sorta, kinda) = twice the fun

But, then, you'd have to buy .40 ammo.

Sooooo, G19 then if the 23 isn't your flavor. Great size for a CC gun and still comfy for the range.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Delaware County)

If you only own one glock it should be a glock 19

If you only own one handgun, it should be a glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    G23 + 9mm Conversion Barrel + 9mm mags = 2 guns (sorta, kinda) = twice the fun

But, then, you'd have to buy .40 ammo.

Sooooo, G19 then if the 23 isn't your flavor. Great size for a CC gun and still comfy for the range.
    Good advice. I got a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for mine for around $100. You get more bang for the buck that way.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

If you want the best near perfect 9mm pistol the Glock 19 is one of the best. Small enough to carry almost any where and large enough capacity to meet the standard. Its one of the perfect CC pieces in my books.

If I may ask, why do you carry a 1911 in the winter? More clothes to keep printing down, maybe?

I would get the G19. I would keep a couple of G21's at home for when the SHTF. I love 1911's, but in the winter time, I want a G21 on my hip.

Well I didn't expect it to be so lop sided, the votes were like 26-5 for the G19. I will start off by saying I don't like the .40, for the simple reason of I'm not an LEO yet and don't need it. I prefer the .45 ACP, in fact someone asked why I carry a 1911 for the winter months, cause I don't carry it IWB and I use a Serpa so it's just easier to carry it in the winter but anytime I can get my mitts on a 1911 is all the reason I need, I also shoot them very well and am not concerned about not getting the safety off or anything of the sort, I believe I should carry the biggest gun I'm comfy with as well as caliber and besides it's all in the training.
    It's not my first Glock either I have had about 12-13 and if I go G19 it will be my fourth, I've had 2-21's also but never a G30 and it's peaked my interest very much. I know it's wide but in the right holster it's not an issue for me; I'm pretty average in size(5'9",190lbs) so most guns are pretty easy for me to carry and conceal.
    I'm going to the toy store to feel up the G30 and if I don't like it I'm going G19, I know they have both there cause I called today but I really want to lean toward the G30 but as I said if I don't like it, it's G19 no question. I make my own holsters so that isn't any concern but I think I want to have a CBST also. My holsters can be worn IWB but I wear it OWB just cause it's more comfortable for me.
    The really great part is I just got home with my paycheck and my new credit card arrived today so who knows what will happen tonight, I might end up with another 1911 also.
    Thanks for all the responses guys I really appreciate the help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12