Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Exclamation Guess Where Jared Loughner Bought His Ammo ??

Late Last night I was watching the talking heads give their views on the shooting..One of the commentators (CNN or MSNBC) Ripped Walmart for selling Jared Loughner the ammo used in the shooting..They mentioned one Walmart refused to sell him ammo, and he went to another and made his purchase..(They also ripped Glock and the Hi cap mags...).. Do you think this will force Walmart to Quit selling Ammo?? If it does say good by to cheaper ammo prices... The talking head commentator emphatically stressed that Loughner paid only 9 cents a round while killing these people...

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Guess Where Jared Loughner Bought His Ammo ??

If I know anything about Walmart they will stop selling it. They try to pride themselves as a "family oriented" store and refuse to sell any movies with questionable content or smut magazines. After this I wouldn't be surprised at all.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    If I know anything about Walmart they will stop selling it. They try to pride themselves as a "family oriented" store and refuse to sell any movies with questionable content or smut magazines. After this I wouldn't be surprised at all.
    If they were truly 'family oriented' then they'd enforce a dress code for entry. Check out the people of walmart site for examples of what not to wear to walmart.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Cumberland County)

Unhappy Re: Guess Where Jared Loughner Bought His Ammo ??

This could be used to drive the average shooter out of the sport...Walmart has no ammo...Prices go through the roof... or is harder to get...

(Lehigh County)

I've always said the whole "pry my gun from my cold dead fingers" nonsense would be obviated by a simple curtailing of availability of ammunition through more restrictive laws on sales and ownership of ammunition and/or commensurate driving up of costs of manufacture... not forgetting insurance rate increases on those who make/sell/store.

If there's one thing the past 40 years have shown, it's that raising insurance rates causes more restrictions of liberty than any tyrant's army... all the more galling because it's usually of the self-imposed types of restrictions.

(Bucks County)

You watch CNN or MSNBC ?

Well I guess, "Know they enemy".
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Lancaster County)

Yep, there's already been a case where a store was found to be responsible for what someone did with their product.

BY STEPHEN HUNT and JACOB SANTINI
    THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE

The 19-year-old paranoid schizophrenic Ryan Tait Eslinger was not responsible for his suicide.
    Kmart, whose employees sold Eslinger a 12-gauge shotgun at a Kimball Junction store, is solely to blame for Eslinger's May 23, 1996, death, a 12-person federal jury decided late Wednesday.
    That blame is worth $1.5 million in compensatory damages. The jury has been told to return to U.S. District Judge Ted Stewart's courtroom in Salt Lake City today to determine punitive damages.
    After more than six hours of deliberations, the jury declared Kmart was negligent when the store sold the gun to Eslinger. The jury ruled the Park City man and his parents had no responsibility in the death.
    As the verdict was read at 8:45 p.m., Eslinger's father, Phillip Eslinger, put his arm around his wife, who was quietly crying with her head bowed. Two observers also began to cry.
    Outside the courtroom, family members quietly hugged one another before disappearing into a conference room. Neither the Eslingers nor the attorneys would comment, citing the punitive extension of the case. Calls to Kmart's corporate offices Wednesday were not returned.
    In the punitive portion of the judgment, Stewart ruled no evidence of Kmart's corporate procedures would be admitted, despite several objections by Rodney Parker, Kmart's attorney.
    During the trial, Eslinger's parents put the blame squarely on Kmart, asking jurors to award them $3 million in compensation from the corporation for their son's suicide.
    The Eslinger's attorney, James McKenna, contended Kmart was negligent by failing to require proper identification from Eslinger, omitting information on a federal gun-sales form, improperly supervising employees, selling a firearm to a mentally ill person and allowing a 17-year-old boy to make the sale.
    "There was a total breakdown at that store," McKenna said during closing arguments. "Nobody knew what they were supposed to do."
    He argued: "Kmart wanted a market share of gun sales without ensuring they could be sold in a responsible manner."
    Parker countered that the Kimball Junction store employees did nothing illegal -- including their acceptance of a passport for identification and their decision to allow a 17-year-old to make the sale.
    He said Eslinger planned the suicide, concealing the signs of his illness -- including the scars on his neck and wrists from a suicide attempt a month earlier.
    "Did the [gun-sale] form and the way it was filled out cause Ryan Eslinger to kill himself?" Parker asked. "The causal connection is not there."
    Parker pointed out that Eslinger's mother, Sandra Eslinger, had judged him well enough on the day he killed himself for her to fly to San Diego to be with her husband, a commercial jet pilot who was there on a layover.
    "She didn't see this coming, either," Parker said. "Nobody saw this coming."
    McKenna contended employees should have asked Eslinger what he planned to do with the weapon or asked him to produce a driver license.
    The lawyer said Eslinger might have been able to calmly answer the series of yes or no questions on the federal gun-sale form. But upon further questioning, he said, Eslinger "would have poured out all his delusions." He summarized his argument: "No ID, no gun, no death."
    I wouldn't surprise me at all if this is brought up again. The clerk in the store should have asked this nutbag if he was planning to kill someone with it. I'm sure that'll be included in the script of the POS system at Walmart soon.

Script:

1. Does the person look over 21?
    Yes - Proceed to 2
    No - Ask for ID
    2. Does the person look 'crazy'?
    Yes - Contact DHS
    No - Proceed to 3
    3. Is the person wearing Jeans?
    Yes - Contact DHS
    No - Proceed to 4
    4. Is the person bald?
    Yes - Contact DHS
    No - Proceed to 5
    5. Is this ammo for a rifle or handgun?
    Check the correct box, proceed to 6.
    6. Usage of this ammo.
    Check the correct box.
    Self Defense
    Target Shooting
    Killing your obsession
    Giving to children
    Other
    Proceed with sale
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    You watch CNN or MSNBC ?

Well I guess, "Know they enemy".
    You are correct...I check out all mainstream outlets...even though I disagree with most of what and how they say it..

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If they were truly 'family oriented' then they'd enforce a dress code for entry. Check out the people of walmart site for examples of what not to wear to walmart.
    Oh believe me, I agree, which is why the ONLY thing I go there for is ammo. I can't stand that place. The main reason is the fact that they treat their "associates" like over worked dogs. I know this first hand. If you don't believe me, get a job in their shipping department.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfsrule2 View Post
    You are correct...I check out all mainstream outlets...even though I disagree with most of what and how they say it..
    Sometimes when I watch CNN, I want to destroy my TV. Hey if I go to walmart it could only cost me 9 cents a round.

Honestly, I can see walmart ceasing ammo sales through all of this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast