Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: CLEOs / Countys That Sign NFA Forms

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    . . .
    Get a signature, from your sheriff, chief of police, county DA, State Police, State Attorney General (unlikely), or any county judge with plenary authority over felony cases.
    . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mabuz View Post
    . . . .
    There are a few other people able to legally sign off for NFA as well, although I can't recall their positions right now (judges, etc...?), a little digging around here should turn them up.
    Yes. Digging.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by KMB View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I understand all of that, my main question is: who in Allegheny county would I talk to to get that signature? I don't really like the trust/llc option as it entails even more paperwork/fees and isn't 100% ironclad assured to be legal.
    Have you been able to get the signature yet. Just wondering why you went to the sheriff? Do you have a local PD?
    I set up an appointment with my CLEO, had both copies of the Form 1 completely filled out so all he had to do was sign. I met with him, explained what I wanted to do, we talked a few minutes and he signed. I thought it was going to be a hassle, it wasn't.
    If you do have a local CLEO, give it a try before going over him to the county, etc.

(Allegheny County)

I would like to set up a SBR rifle and also live in Allegheny County..and live in Overbrook so i am still in the city limits. is there any way I can bypass the Sheriff here, or will I be stuck setting up a trust?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildturk View Post
    Have you been able to get the signature yet. Just wondering why you went to the sheriff? Do you have a local PD?
    I set up an appointment with my CLEO, had both copies of the Form 1 completely filled out so all he had to do was sign. I met with him, explained what I wanted to do, we talked a few minutes and he signed. I thought it was going to be a hassle, it wasn't.
    If you do have a local CLEO, give it a try before going over him to the county, etc.
    I went with the Sheriff first because they have a "firearms" office with a direct number so it only took 2 seconds to call and inquire, somehow I think getting face time with the Chief of the Pittsburgh Police department will be a bit more complicated. If I lived in a small town with one of those 10 man police forces, that would've been where I went first.

(York County)

I live in northern York county and know the sheriff signs off but i called my local township police. They said, sure come on down and we'll sign it and do the finger prints. no appointment necessary.
    So i stopped in, got my finger print cards done and because the chief was out of the office i left the forms there. I got a call the next morning saying to pick them up at my convenience because they were signed.
    No charge, no hassle, no big deal and i didn't have to go out of my way.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234