Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Montgomery County)

Default Attempted mugging

So today at around 1:00 pm I left the building I work in in Philadelphia to go to a grocery store to get lunch. I do dress in a suit and tie so I guess I look like I have money and an easy target. As I take a small side street that cuts through a couple of blocks, 4 teenagers approach me and demand money, two of them were displaying handguns in a gangaster style, over their head pointed at me. Now I didn't know if to laugh or shoot the bastards. The guns they were pointing at me were BB guns. So I politely told them to get out of my way and go back to their mamma for some more milk. Well they really did not appreciate what I said and told me that they were going to shoot me f-dead and then take my money and spit on my body. Wow, I am impressed. They looked though and sounded though, so to prevent any further undue, I draw my S&W 380, turned on the laser and pointed right onto the chest of the leading punk. I guess they didn't like that at all because suddenly they told me how I was number one with them and then run away. Now I making fun of this but really, in the middle of the day, in an area that is frequented often by police officers that walk to and from the court house, on a street, that although is a secondary street, is still a street that many people walk trough, what are this kids thinking? They could have not been more then 15 years old if they were so, and to risk to die at that age for a coupl of dollars that I might have, or not, been carrying in my wallet? If they do not value their life at that age, how are they going to value it later in life? I know the invincible mentality of the teenager, but damn. They were lucky I know a little about guns, and I have been around in though situations before, so there was not real panick there, otherwise they could all have been killed today, and I in jail. I spoke to a cop later on and he told me that they have been experiencing a surge in this type of crime lately and that we should try to walk in groups to avoid getting in this type of situations, well I guess from now on is delivery only.
    Last edited by comsubin61; January 11th, 2011 at 01:03 AM.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.