Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Finally got some 10mm in my life

I got a Glock 20 and DeSatis Cozy Partner. It's obviously a lot bigger than my 19, but so far the holster has made it pretty comfortable to carry. It kicks pretty good with anything more than target loads but I don't find it unmanageable by any means. I'm currently using Federal Personal Defense (180 gr) but I would like to find some hotter loads. I don't order ammo online so if anyone can recommend good rounds or where to find them I would greatly appreciate it!

I'd also like some feedback on other 10mm weapons just to see who else is interested in the round.
    Security without liberty is called prison.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Finally got some 10mm in my life

Are you saying you won't buy ammo online, or just that you haven't? I ask because if you want great 10mm loads, you've got to check out Double Tap Ammo. I believe the owner started his business producing 10mm loads only, then expanded to many others. I've dealt with them for 9mm, and they are good to go.

http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/cat...hp?cPath=21_25
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Montgomery County)

I'm certainly willing to try, I just never have. I was reading reviews of the double tap and it seems that people had a lot of good things to say. I just don't order online because since I'm on the township line and two houses have this address in both townships I suppose I was just afraid someone down the road would wonder why boxes of ammo were showing up.
    Security without liberty is called prison.

(Chester County)

I shot a Colt Delta Elite for a number of years. I loved that 10 mm! I sold it when $$ was tight and regret it to this day.

I reload and the 10 mm is super flexible. You can load it like 40 S&W or almost to .41 mag loads. Likewise, personal defense rounds run the range from fairly mild to hammer strong. If you don't reload, be sure to save the brass as you can sell those to help defray ammo expense.

I should have kept that Delta.....

JD

You'll need to win some Donald Trump lotto money if you plan on shooting a lot of factory ammo through it. It's a lot of nastiness in a couple of G20 magazines.

(Cumberland County)

First off, welcome to the club....the G20 and 10mm is hard to beat.
    I'd recommend Double Tap as well, as far as neighbors go who cares. Double Tap doesnt advertise whats in the box so dont worry about it. IF you would prefer to buy in person, Cabelas stocks Buffalo Bore ammo which is also good 10mm ammo. One last recommendation is Georgia Arms, I havent shot it but a lot have and seems to be popular as well.
    Head over to Glock Talk and check out the caliber clubs or something like that and go to the "10 ring" lots of good 10mm info.