Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (York County)

Default Re: Mosin-Nagant 91/30 in natural environment

Lookin' good! Better than my '43 and '45 91/30. Thanks for posting.

GB

(Dauphin County)

That's a great looking rifle. Did you re-finish that stock, or is that the way you got it. It is beautiful.

The real question is, though, did you shoot her in the snow, or just pose her for pics? I had my 1943 91/30 out yesterday, and she was so happy she shot 6" groups at 200 yards for me. Snow and cold must bring out the best in them.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Pike County)

Beautiful rifle, I hope to add a Moin-Nagant to my collection in the future.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    I had my 1943 91/30 out yesterday, and she was so happy she shot 6" groups at 200 yards for me. Snow and cold must bring out the best in them.
    Hehe I took my 1942 91/30 out a few wks in the snow an cold. Cold weather gear an all I had enough after 13rds it was friggin cold! But those few rds sure were sweet!
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin-

(Northampton County)

That's a great looking rifle. Did you re-finish that stock, or is that the way you got it. It is beautiful.
    Thanks, I was actually fortunate enough to find the stock in that condition under a thick layer of cosmoline.

The real question is, though, did you shoot her in the snow, or just pose her for pics? I had my 1943 91/30 out yesterday, and she was so happy she shot 6" groups at 200 yards for me. Snow and cold must bring out the best in them.
    I just had it out for photos the other day, although I did take it shooting about a week prior when it was only ~25 degrees. I'm still pretty impressed how accurate an 85 year old rifle can be. Once I got used to the sights and the fact that it shoots a little high and right I was able to dump the entire last mag directly into a 1.5" bullseye at 50 yards. Next time out I'll be taking aim at 100.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by MirandasPits View Post
    Hehe I took my 1942 91/30 out a few wks in the snow an cold. Cold weather gear an all I had enough after 13rds it was friggin cold! But those few rds sure were sweet!

I'll be shooting mine in a match on the 23rd, regardless of the weather. One year it was about 10 degrees. Last year it was in the 30's but raining lightly the whole time.

BTW, those 182 gr. rounds thump your shoulder a bit harder than the 147's.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Lehigh County)

I'll be shooting mine in a match on the 23rd, regardless of the weather. One year it was about 10 degrees. Last year it was in the 30's but raining lightly the whole time.

BTW, those 182 gr. rounds thump your shoulder a bit harder than the 147's.
    Well that would explain it. First five were light ball and I didn't mind the kick. I wanted to see how the ammo I got from you fired and WHACK!!! WTF lol. I never even thought about it until now that you mentioned that.

OP does your 91/30 have any siblings?
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin-

(Berks County)

Too cool! My girl gave me a 43 izzy for Xmas. I found a 1917 BSA enfield today at a local shop that I may ask for next week when I turn 24. Only was marked $149.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12